Emotional Eating

Options
2»

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Jadu786 wrote: »
    Do you guys think I should tell him about the age difference before meeting up with him?

I think if he cared right now he would've asked you your age when you asked him. Go hang out. See how it goes.

You're making assumptions that someone his age doesn't want a serious relationship. Fact is, you don't know unless you ask. Not saying you should bring that up right away. Go out with him again and see what happens.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Enjoy, life is short.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    My husband is 12 years younger than me. When we first got together, he was young enough that car insurance for both of us and two cars was cheaper than what he had been paying on his own.

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    I met my SO when he was 24 and I was 31. I'm now 64 and he is 57. Sometimes these things work out.

He is also twice my weight and 13in taller.
    The odd couple indeed, but it works.

Give the guy a chance.

Cheers, h.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    unless it makes him under age - why does it matter?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    i would. why waste time if he is uncomfortable
    also most of the people at clubs are in their 20s in my part of the world.

and no man/other person is worth emotional eating.

Agree!

• Jadu786
    Jadu786 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, for those who read this thread, I did finally tell him that I'm 10 years older than him. He still seems interested in talking and getting to know each other. So I'll just keep talking to him I guess. I just have to be careful not to get too emotionally involved and just think of him as a friend. I actually told him that even though I'm older we could be friends, and he said yes, we could definitely be friends - but on the other hand continues to flirt. When I talked to him about the whole age thing he also told me he is very mature for his age. IDK, I guess just talk and see where it goes.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    If you have Netflix, watch that show, "Age Gap Love."

And slow your mental/emotional roll. You barely know this guy. Maybe he has a house full of pythons and tarantulas. Maybe he's a drug user or alcoholic. That might not be a dealbreaker for you - but it would be for me.
  • Jadu786
    Options

And slow your mental/emotional roll. You barely know this guy. Maybe he has a house full of pythons and tarantulas. Maybe he's a drug user or alcoholic. That might not be a dealbreaker for you - but it would be for me.

Yes your right. I shouldn't immediately be thinking about the future etc. I just have to slow down my mental train that's going 100 miles a minute I guess...
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options

Yes your right. I shouldn't immediately be thinking about the future etc. I just have to slow down my mental train that's going 100 miles a minute I guess...

I have always thought that was one of the best bits of slowly getting to know my husband. When we finally had The Talk, I was able to say "I don't feel like I am crazy about you, I am sane for you." Not sure our dear friend who heard both sides of the story would agree, but compared to all the previous relationships it was true :)
  • Jadu786
    Options

I have always thought that was one of the best bits of slowly getting to know my husband. When we finally had The Talk, I was able to say "I don't feel like I am crazy about you, I am sane for you." Not sure our dear friend who heard both sides of the story would agree, but compared to all the previous relationships it was true :)

I agree. Honestly I feel a lot of pressure from people about the fact that I'm 35 and am single. It often feels like the end of the world. But I really believe that love happens when it is meant to happen...
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    I used to be an emotional eater but now I manage my stress with exercise.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Good heavens, why not stop texting, and make a plan to meet at a coffee shop or bar and have a drink? You'll definitely learn more about each other in the light of day than living in your head and horrible-izing about all the things that can potentially go wrong. This man is a stranger to you right now. You have seen him ONE TIME. If you want to get to know him, make an arrangement to do so. Not everyone you meet has to be The One.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    My mother is 11 years older than my father. They've been married for almost 58 years.
    Neither ever felt that the age difference was an issue. My mom jokes she should've picked a younger one so he'd be able to keep up with her.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    I always liked the 'half plus seven' guideline.

As long as the person is at least half your age plus 7 you're in the ballpark =)

(Note: this is just for fun, of course May-December relationships can work)