Boneless skinless chicken breast

Options
2»

Replies

• staceyrrad
    staceyrrad Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ok this might be kind of lame. But my absolute favorite way to cook chicken breast right now (cuz everything else got old) is on the stove in a pot.

Carrots, onions, cellery, and low sodium chicken broth. (Just like homemade chicken noodle soup!!) Boil the breast until thoroughly cooked and you get the most tender, most juicy chicken breast ever! Then I just sprinkle pepper, and dash of salt. Mmmm
  • Sandbug
    Sandbug Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I wrap them in foil with half a jar of salsa and bake at 350degrees for about 40 minutes. I make for amazing flavor and lowerr calories.

Oh don't forget to pierce the breast with a fork a couple of times really gets the flavor into the meat as it cooks.

I do the same except but them on the grill instead of the oven. I will add Mrs Dash Spicy seasoning and jalapenos if I am out of my home made salsa.

Enjoy!
  • alc720
    alc720 Posts: 27
    Options
    Eatingwell.com has some GREAT recipes as well! Good Luck and happy eating!
  • airycha
    airycha Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I usually use the oven if I am cooking the breast whole. If I am making something where I cut it up I cook it in a non stick pan on the stove with no oil (or sometimes a little olive oil). Seasoning depends on what I am in the mood for/what I am making to go with it.
  • CelticDestiny
    CelticDestiny Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Bump....I can always use ideas for chicken.
  • BekaBear2010
    Options
    If you have a George Foreman, this is always the best way to go! My husband does our chicken that way every time, if not on the grill! If you don't have one, you should seriously consider investing in one. If you have to save up, go for it! It makes such a difference in so many ways, especially when its so hot out, and you don't want to have to use your oven!!!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    marinade in lemon juice, chilli (flakes or pepper) and a dash of soy sauce overnight or for a few hours. then bake in the oven 200 degrees centigrade for 20-25 mins! low cal and yummy!
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    slices it up and stir fry with brococoli, mushrooms, celery, onions or other vegetables. I use a bottled stir fry sauce after it is mostly cooked to flavor the whole dish
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    EVERY DAY!! I prepare on Sunday's 5 x 100 g chicken breasts as follows: Put them into a teflon pan (no grease or anything else needed). fry 2 min on both sides at high heat until golden brown on both sides, then on low heat let them sit for another 10 min. Put the rest in the fridge. That way: Hubby, me daughter and dog can share until gone (tastes good cold, or with A 1 Steak sauce on it). Yes 6-pack food!
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I usually do mine in the oven - I'm not sure what temp though as I got a bit happy with cleaning a while back and scrubbed the numbers off the knobs <sigh>. Anyway, I just pop it in a glass dish and pour whatever liquid I've got...white wine, cider, stock etc so it covers about a quarter way up the breast then add a couple cloves of garlic and some rosemary. Cover with foil and cook for about half hour (or until done), basting a couple of times. They always come out really moist and rather nommy :-))
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    i bake mine with cajun seasoning, super good!
  • mrsmichellewilson
    mrsmichellewilson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I like mine stuffed with grilled spinach and cheese.....bake and enjoy !
  • TheYoungRetiree
    TheYoungRetiree Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've had it baked with artichoke hearts and grean olives, a little chicken broth and served with couscous- delicious (except I would keep off the olives when I make it- yuck!)!

I also found a bunch of recipes on Mrs. Dash- just get some different seasonings and bake it in the over.

My go to is on Sundays- like someone else mentioned- I cook up a few breasts and measure out little packs for lunches and to have on salads. When I do this I just put some pepper on it and skillet cook it on med-low heat until done. Experiment with different marinades/sauces/seasonings until you find something you like. If you live near a spice store, nothing beats fresh ground spice mixes!
  • terryrob2
    terryrob2 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Bump!