Anyone cutting after a bulk?

Replies

• MichaelK1007
    MichaelK1007 Posts: 136 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Guys I'm scheduling a photo shoot as I type this, for July. Cause I'm not gonna get ripped unless I feel THE PRESSURE.

I don't even have any money.

I heard this is the best way to get and stay motivated. I assume you track everything? Where do you hope to end up as far as weight and bf?
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    I have bloating from IBS and wondered if I used calipers to measure body fat, where on the body other than stomach could I use them...inside thigh?
  • Wingsont84
    Wingsont84 Posts: 335 Member
    I need to bulk more lol, but yes gonna try to tear the body up and drop from 200 to 185
  • guy_1987
    guy_1987 Posts: 48 Member
    I went from 14 stone 10lbs (206lb) to 11st 11lb (165lbs).

Then back end of last year went back up to 13st 1lb (183lb) so I'm arresting it before it gets too late!

Currently back down at 12st 5lb (173lbs).

Trying to get to 12 stone, then lower, then add muscle.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    sardelsa wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Right now, I am just focusing on making smarter decisions, with hopes of losing some weight. I just can't do calorie counting any more.. it's too exhausting. So I aim to get a good amount of protein and fiber. I still cut back on fats, but do incorporate some healthy fats (avocado/guac, eggs, cheeses).

Yea I'm not big on calorie counting either.. I can do it up to dinner, but then it gets hard because of how I cook and the way I eat my portions tracking was always a pain and I just ended up guestimating most of the time anyways.

My problem is I get so stuck on that number, that even if I am not hungry, I will be like.. OoOoOo, I can eat more. Which makes it a bit harder to lose weight. So right now, I am manipulating meals and working on getting low calorie volume foods in.
  • MishMashMisha
    MishMashMisha Posts: 39 Member
    I have been cutting for a month now at 1800. Down 4lbs. :) I will be cutting at least through May maybe into June, but I'm ready to be done now, not because I'm hungry or anything. I started up counting calories again, in January and I'm getting tired of doing it. I'm reluctant to stop right now, while I'm making good progress (I have a habit of doing that).
  • GrannyCrayCray
    GrannyCrayCray Posts: 71 Member
    lindyyy87 wrote: »
    Ugh I’m TRYING to cut- I did a short bulk from December until early April. I have about 5 or so pounds to lose, but I keep binging on .....

Ditto! But my binge is carbs, especially all the BREAD that I can find. Ice cream would be a problem too if I didn't just keep it out of the house. Bread, biscuits, potatoes, rice, tortillas, pasta, etc are constantly available because of the kids. Hoping that warm weather will get my cut to progress - fresh vegetables, fruit, more water, more sweat ;) Hahah
  • lindyyy87
    lindyyy87 Posts: 35 Member

My problem is I get so stuck on that number, that even if I am not hungry, I will be like.. OoOoOo, I can eat more. Which makes it a bit harder to lose weight. So right now, I am manipulating meals and working on getting low calorie volume foods in.

I do the same thing. I hate obsessing over the number. I hope that one day I can be more of an intuitive eater, but that definitely isn’t going to happen any time soon.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    Mostly posting to subscribe.

Working on a slow (very slow as it turns out) cut. When I started working out again I had some great newbie gainz, and my weight held steady, but finally started to feel like I could stand to get rid of the excess weight.

Tried cutting a bit steeper (closer to what would have been .5-1 lb/week) but my workouts and energy levels were almost immediately affected. Bumped my food back up and it went back to normal, so I'm kind of resigned to a very slow loss rate (.2-.5 lb/week - most weeks). So, for the most part, losses are tracked by the month, not the week :/

Hardly qualifies as a "cut" but interested to see what others find successful!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    I am cutting. I reversed by my bulk for 5 weeks to reach an official 250 deficit off my maintenance. I am not at a bad place after my bulk as I didn't bulk to where I hated my self this time. :smiley: I want to lean out my lower body more.

I won't need a diet break going this slow, but I am running a new strength training program and if I have issues in the strength department I might alternate to maintenance back to cutting. It will be a little experimenting over the next 4+ months. No hurries.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Guys I'm scheduling a photo shoot as I type this, for July. Cause I'm not gonna get ripped unless I feel THE PRESSURE.

I don't even have any money.

I heard this is the best way to get and stay motivated. I assume you track everything? Where do you hope to end up as far as weight and bf?

Ugh. I WILL track everything. Haven't been.

I hope to be 135-138 and around 20% bodyfat
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    lindyyy87 wrote: »

I do the same thing. I hate obsessing over the number. I hope that one day I can be more of an intuitive eater, but that definitely isn’t going to happen any time soon.

I wish I could do that! The few times where I wasn't hungry and went to bed w/o eating up to my calorie goal I woke up a few hours later STARVING! It seems I have to eat a certain number of calories during the day in order to get a full nights sleep. :)