discover something new you like?

Options
So one thing I've come to like about eating healthier to help me lose weight is that I've been forcing myself to try new things that I know will be good for me. Tonight I recently learned that I really, really like avocado, which I honestly thought I would have hated for some reason lol

Anyone else discover a new food that you might have thought you'd hate but actually really enjoyed?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    cauliflower mash is DELICIOUS!
  • Romberger42
    Romberger42 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Baby spinach. I now eat it for lunch almost every day.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Beetroot, I've always hated beetroot you get in a jar, but after eating healthy I tried raw beetroot in a salad or beetroot crisps and I love them.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Arugula....my fave leafy green.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Lentils. They look so uninspiring in the package, especially the brown ones. But they are so delicious and healthy. And super cheap! This week I'm making lentil stew and lemon lentil soup. Total cost for lentils for 8 meals: $1.50. Total cost including other ingredients: roughly $3.50.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts. Both my husband and I hated them because growing up, both of our moms used to buy the frozen ones and just boil them and serve. I never tried making them because I didn't really like them and I knew he didn't either. Then I tried a recipe with shredded brussel sprouts sautéed in bacon and garlic and we were both hooked. Sometimes it's all in how something is prepared.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Xanthan gum. Now my yogurt based salad dressings have the right thickness.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Brussel sprouts. Both my husband and I hated them because growing up, both of our moms used to buy the frozen ones and just boil them and serve. I never tried making them because I didn't really like them and I knew he didn't either. Then I tried a recipe with shredded brussel sprouts sautéed in bacon and garlic and we were both hooked. Sometimes it's all in how something is prepared.

^Everything is better with bacon, even Brussel sprouts ;)

I discovered I really like almond milk and steel cut oatmeal.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Chia Pudding & overnight oats... who knew :p So many different variations to be had and so delish... quick and easy grabs <3
  • Stationagentjules
    Stationagentjules Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    PB2 peanut butter powder. I didn't expect to dig the texture, but I really do.

Cold brewed coffee too. happy taste buds.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Zucchini noodles, cauliflower rice, Greek yogurt. I felt like they were all so hyped up, and I didn't want to drink the Koolaid. Once I actually tried them, I was hooked!

Kombucha and nutritional yeast...I still can't get myself to try.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Broccoli
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    oh and black beans,,I always avoided them cuz they look weird and their juice looks like motor oil when it touches other foods but I just don't look closely and enjoy the taste
  • Jennymarie57
    Jennymarie57 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    gluten free pancakes. .love them with some blueberries. .
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Definitely nutritional yeast. I put that stuff on eggs, potatoes, popcorn, rice, and even made a cheesy sauce out of it. So versatile and addicting.
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    cauliflower mash is DELICIOUS!

I like the texture it seems like mashed potatoes but I don't like the taste very much.