"But you look so fat"

Options
2»

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I had one grandmother who never had much nice to say about anyone and one who was quite the racist. The first one I put in her place and she learned that I was not to be messed with the other I told after hearing a terrible Jew joke to never speak that way around me again. That was the end of that.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Oh my god. You look slim and great! Old people. Sheesh!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Grandma? In the case of granny shiving you like that, respond with, "Oh by the way, about the resolution of your estate ..."
  • DanielleFayeS
    DanielleFayeS Posts: 1,977 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    My mom sneered at me that I could still lose plenty of weight when I said I didn't think I really wanted to lose anymore. I was a size 6 in pants (like an XS on top) at the time and terribly unhealthy. Some people are just awful like that. I'm sorry that you've got one of them.

Edit: just noticed the photos, you're looking great. And I don't blame you for not wanting to be at a weight where you feel bad but thin.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of people, of all ages, with no tact.
    I am an old lady and I think you look great!
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    My mom sneered at me that I could still lose plenty of weight when I said I didn't think I really wanted to lose anymore. I was a size 6 in pants (like an XS on top) at the time and terribly unhealthy. Some people are just awful like that. I'm sorry that you've got one of them.

Edit: just noticed the photos, you're looking great. And I don't blame you for not wanting to be at a weight where you feel bad but thin.

this (BMI 20.5 or so) was about 3kg above the weight I apparently "looked nice" at.. I know it was technically still normal for my height, but sheesh! I guess it probably looked nice when i had my sweaters on but... I ended up constantly sick for about a year after dropping to that weight -despite trying to stay active and eat right.. so I'm assuming it's not a good goal weight for me 2xtfmwjj0s5l.jpg
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    also, yeah.. I guess I should just avoid mentinoning diets or exercise or weight around my grandma - I think she means well, but a lot of it comes across kinda... harsh and full of "woo" at times <3
  • Bellavita31
    Bellavita31 Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    You look fine...
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic.

Before I'd left SD, a neighbour's mother popped over to say hullo ( my sister and I know her from LV), where she complimented me initially for losing weight. I literally lost the equivalent of 3 adult females - ONLY to add, " Well, you don't have a 10 inch waist, but you're going to get there." (Malicious smile). She is 56. Constantly teased me for being a member of the itty bitty titty and booty committee. I just replied, " I'm recomping. Satisfied with the way I'm progressing. Am not targeting to attain the body measurements of an 8 years old female. That would be a mental institution qualifier, don't you think?" I'm 6ft, 159lbs though small boned, with full B cup breasts.

Her ridiculousness is hers.
  • thelettermegan
    thelettermegan Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    When was the last time Grandma got her eyes checked?