Frustrated

Options
No processed sugar products for 2 weeks. 2 egg breakfast, salad, veggies & fruit during day, one serving of dinner entree w/ salad, plenty of water. Plenty of calories leftover daily on the diary. Exercising.... and I'VE GAINED MORE WEIGHT! Not sure what to do next, skip dinner? Fast?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your calorie intake? Accurately?
  • mrstinashort
    mrstinashort Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think so, using the labels on packages for the few non fresh foods and MFP for the fruits/veggies.
  • mrstinashort
    Options
    Today's say I have over 400 calories left.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Try getting a food scale, I found I was eating several hundred calories more than I thought I was when I was eyeballing or measuring by volume. Make sure you are logging beverages, cooking oil, condiments.

If your exercise is new, you could be retaining water for muscle repair which can hide fat loss on the scale.
    Is it your TOM? That can also cause water weight fluctuations.

Two weeks is really too soon to judge your success regardless. Bodies are weird and don't always react to what we do as quickly as we would like.
    How much total weight do you have to lose?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I think so, using the labels on packages for the few non fresh foods and MFP for the fruits/veggies.

How are you measuring what you eat?
  • mrstinashort
    Options
    I’m pretty consistent with same foods daily. The only variety is dinner. (Tonight taco salad w blue corn chips). Yes I include all water & 2 c black coffee. Apples, spring mix salad 2 tbsp dressing, 2 organic eggs etc. bell peppers to snack. I’ve ate more cheese lately than ever before, that may be a cause. Jogged almost 20 miles this weekend. Walk all day at work. Not sedentary at all. Was 133 few days ago now 138!! Goal is 125. Nope, uterus free! Oh well I’ll try another 2 weeks, then I’ll try some diet pills if need too. Thanks for your time trying to help me.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    I’m pretty consistent with same foods daily. The only variety is dinner. (Tonight taco salad w blue corn chips). Yes I include all water & 2 c black coffee. Apples, spring mix salad 2 tbsp dressing, 2 organic eggs etc. bell peppers to snack. I’ve ate more cheese lately than ever before, that may be a cause. Jogged almost 20 miles this weekend. Walk all day at work. Not sedentary at all. Was 133 few days ago now 138!! Goal is 125. Nope, uterus free! Oh well I’ll try another 2 weeks, then I’ll try some diet pills if need too. Thanks for your time trying to help me.

Don't do diet pills. Spend the money on a food scale.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I didn't believe a food scale would make a difference, and boy was I wrong. I was eye-balling cheddar cheese, and underestimating a serving of 1 oz. by two or three times the actual weight. I was eating 200 to 300 calories more than I thought! I've increased my exercise and have gained 3 pounds in two weeks. I think it's related to water retention. My experience from last summer makes me believe that within the next week I'll have what's called a "whoosh" - the scale will finally show a loss. So hang in there! There are variations from product weights and the calorie count listed on the packaging sometimes. Try eating back just 50% to 75% of the calories you've earned from exercise. That reduction in calories might be enough to compensate for inaccurate calorie logging. An alternative would be to decrease your calorie intake by 150 to 200 calories (as long as you don't go under 1200 minimum MFP suggests) and see if that makes a difference.
    Don't give up!!

Please don't use diet pills. You might get some initial success but that won't last.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    Fasting works great with a few caveats. You have to make sure that when you eat you eat a lot! I make sure I eat at least maintenance and usually 200 over on eating days. If you want to get the most benefit keto adapting and no snacking really helps to get your insulin levels down. The more often you eat the more you stimulate insulin. Insulin is the fat storage hormone, and also regulates the body set weight. Lower insulin = lower body set weight
    That said you may have stressed your body with too much exercise. That will make your muscles retain water to help repair them. It seriously might be that simple!

Nope!
  • flitabout38
    flitabout38 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Nope to what?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I am very clear on how it is lost. Start here and then start reading the actual studies. It's quite eye opening. Because common belief on weigh loss in the last 40 years has worked so well the obesity and overweight in the developed world is what now 30%. Yeah CICO works great! Not!!! https://youtube.com/watch?v=5F5o0a4p_3U&t=11s

Rather than derailing OPs thread, why not check out some of the many threads debating calorie counting in the Debate Forum? It's too soon to tell whether what OP is doing is working anyway!
  • mrstinashort
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I do appreciate the time you took to assist me. Apparently one of my issues is that I haven't been eating enough calories and am retaining. I do eat several snacks throughout my day but they are all very low cal vegetables and an apple. ( As a nurse I'm on feet 8-10 hours and would go hypoglycemic.) The other issue is the possibility of gaining muscle. I have noticed a loss of a couple inches around my ribs and thighs. I will continue and see what occurs next week. By then I hope to have been processed sugar free for 4 weeks. Thank you all again!