3 day keto result?

Options
Sorry for all the questions, but considering recent advise i am quitting keto after 3 days but i only lost like .5pounds overall. So will i only gain that .5 pound back or even more? Like will the body over react? And whats the first carb or carbs i should eat or does it not matter since it was only 3 days

Replies

• SugarAndSugar
    SugarAndSugar Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    roxybeer wrote: »
    You really need to let this go. You may gain. You may not. As long as you're getting back into CICO, you'll lose the .5 again.

And no. It does not matter what carb you eat.

Whats CICO
  • roxybeer
    roxybeer Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    roxybeer wrote: »
    You really need to let this go. You may gain. You may not. As long as you're getting back into CICO, you'll lose the .5 again.

And no. It does not matter what carb you eat.

Whats CICO

Calories In Calories Out. Not a fad. Not a quick scheme. Just plain old food in versus what you burn in calories daily.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Half a pound could be water or fat loss. Quitting keto could cause you to gain a bit of water weight back, but it doesn't matter... it's water weight and not fat.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Did I read this right? 3 days? Nothing significant will have happened in 3 days...
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I belive it usually takes 3 days to go in to Ketosis. If you were eating loads and loads of high fat high calorie food (eg: cream, cheese, bacon etc.) you may see a little jump on the scale. After 3 days it is highly unlikely you were even in ketosis so I wouldn't worry about it. As everyone else said here if you were in ketosis and you gain it is likely just water and will come right back off. Keto isn't for everyone. I did low carb back in the day when Atkins was popular and could gain 7 pounds in a few days after going off but that was after months of dieting. I could never maintain the lifestyle so losing on a healthy low calorie diet that I could live with for life is what worked for me. As for what carbs to eat? Doesn't matter but if you want to continue to lose weight I would say try potatoes or fruit. What did you miss the most? I wouldn't fill up on highly processed stuff only because it might set you up for a binge but as long as your calories are reasonable it really doesn't matter.
  • SugarAndSugar
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Did I read this right? 3 days? Nothing significant will have happened in 3 days...

Hahah okey thx
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »

Hahah okey thx

No...seriously. You probably weren’t even in ketosis by then—if so, only for a few hours. What do you realistically believe happens in three days, weight-wise?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    What did you really think would happen in a mere 3 days?
  • SugarAndSugar
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    What did you really think would happen in a mere 3 days?

U rite