Looking for friends who need to lose weight while still drinking a bit of booze? Add us!

Options
RobbL74
RobbL74 Posts: 44 Member
So I am managing to lose weight while having a bit of drink on the side. Maybe I call it a cheat day? Here is the thing. You can lose weight and still enjoy the good stuff. We just don't have to overindulge. It is all about moderation. The man who lives on the bare essentials to pay off his debt and then says I am debt free and dies the next day suffers. I want to be smart about my health but still enjoy things here and there (Like a good whiskey). So if you are trying to find that balance, that point where you enjoy a bit of both worlds while still losing weight, maintaining weight and or being healthy. Add me or us or whoever is on here saying cheers!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    I don't know.

I prefer living on the essentials and being debt free. When I die is of no concern, but drinking alcohol doesn't let me be my best self.
  • BetterMeMLC
    BetterMeMLC Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like how you think!
  • marcvb35
    marcvb35 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I am living proof that having a few here and there (a few LOL) and loosing weight can be done. I thought I read that alcohol by its self can not be stored in the body so I try to have dinner early then have my cocktails on a mostly empty stomach. this has saved me a lot on my bar tab also. it took practice but I still have been drinking more then a few but have lost a little over 40lbs pounds in less the 3 months. yes the first 7 weeks was not the healthiest loss but considering how I treated my body loosing 40lbs is still much healthier!
  • b2meagain
    b2meagain Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd rather weigh 650lbs more than I do than give up good beer completely.
  • work_on_it
    work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    502Monica wrote: »
    I live in the bourbon capital of the world. You can pry it from my cold dead hands.

giphy.gif
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I make sure that it fits into my daily allowance. ;) Feel free to add me. I, however, do not share my food diary.
  • RobbL74
    Options
    marcvb35 wrote: »
    I am living proof that having a few here and there (a few LOL) and loosing weight can be done. I thought I read that alcohol by its self can not be stored in the body so I try to have dinner early then have my cocktails on a mostly empty stomach. this has saved me a lot on my bar tab also. it took practice but I still have been drinking more then a few but have lost a little over 40lbs pounds in less the 3 months. yes the first 7 weeks was not the healthiest loss but considering how I treated my body loosing 40lbs is still much healthier!

I hear you on that one. While most seem to snack when imbibing I tend not to crave food whatsoever. I nip here and there kills the cravings for chips and junk food to be honest. I am weird I cannot eat a meal and have alcohol. My stomach says heck no.
  • RobbL74
    Options
    I live in the bourbon capital of the world. You can pry it from my cold dead hands.

Or we can just share a 5th?
  • RobbL74
    Options
    work_on_it wrote: »

giphy.gif

Love that GIF
  • RobbL74
    Options
    I make sure that it fits into my daily allowance. ;) Feel free to add me. I, however, do not share my food diary.

I just added you. Bourbon is our friend who needs to see your food diary?
  • RobbL74
    Options
    I can give up anything except my vodka. I put it into my food diary first thing in the morning and then the calories left are for food.

Now that is being an efficient planner lol.
  • jrhmountaineer
    jrhmountaineer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can give up anything except my vodka. I put it into my food diary first thing in the morning and then the calories left are for food.
    hahaha. leaving nothing to chance!
  • StellaClaireE
    StellaClaireE Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My third snack spot is labeled Snack 3/ Fun Bevies. I have switched from Porter/Stouts/IPa's to Vodka during the week.
  • RobbL74
    Options
    My third snack spot is labeled Snack 3/ Fun Bevies. I have switched from Porter/Stouts/IPa's to Vodka during the week.

I have my 5th spot that is titled "You just drank that *kitten*?" and it is where all my adult beverages or Icees go. The best part is we have a place here that combines both and I have a frozen Jack and Coke. So yummy!
  • RobbL74
    Options
    Oh boy the bourbon was a bit much Friday. It is Monday and I am just coming around to normal.
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you had some crazy fun. I only had crazy fun Saturday night. Had to get up too early Saturday morning for too many on Friday. :p
  • work_on_it
    work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    RobbL74 wrote: »
    Oh boy the bourbon was a bit much Friday. It is Monday and I am just coming around to normal.

tenor.gif?itemid=3465704
  • marcvb35
    marcvb35 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I log my adult beverages? don't be shy people. no one here will judge. well not me at least. still lost half a pound. I need a sandwich