Paleo Pancake Mix that passes the Taste Test

Options
cshagam
cshagam Posts: 56 Member
edited April 2018 in Recipes
5swfmwhrxuqw.jpeg
ujs5tdiaq2dd.jpeg

A quick pancake that I usually make is one banana mashed and mixed thoroughly with two eggs - easily passes for a pancake.

I’ve tried lots of different paleo pancake mixes and seems nothing ever hits the mark. Hubby got this from Costco and I wasn’t even sure I wanted to try it just to be disappointed again. Tried it and I was really surprised -delicious! I added a 1/4 cup blueberries and the mix held them well. I topped the warm pancakes with one tablespoon of maple syrup (1/2 T would be plenty) and even a teaspoon of grass fed butter. Perfect breakfast with some scrambled egg whites. Pleasantly surprised.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    'Paleo pancake mix' in a plastic packet... riiiiiiiiight
  • cshagam
    Options
    'Paleo pancake mix' in a plastic packet... riiiiiiiiight

Lol. I feel ya. I was strict paleo for a few years, but I’ve relaxed a little. Okay, a lot.
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    ZombieKillaPrincess Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Whole Life Challenge with my gym and just discovered this at Costco last week and shared it with my MFP and gym fam! It's super yummy and easy. <3
  • cshagam
    Options
    I am doing the Whole Life Challenge with my gym and just discovered this at Costco last week and shared it with my MFP and gym fam! It's super yummy and easy. <3

It sat in the pantry for two weeks because I didn’t want to be disappointed by yet another “pancake” mix. Like you, I thought they were super yummy! I didn’t see your MFP post -sorry, I would have just added to yours that it gets another two thumbs up! It was easy to half their suggested instructions on the back for one serving - 6 Tablespoons of mix and 1/3 cup water. I find that the healthier I eat, the more frugal I become. Lol.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    cshagam wrote: »
    5swfmwhrxuqw.jpeg
    ujs5tdiaq2dd.jpeg

A quick pancake that I usually make is one banana mashed and mixed thoroughly with two eggs - easily passes for a pancake.

I’ve tried lots of different paleo pancake mixes and seems nothing ever hits the mark. Hubby got this from Costco and I wasn’t even sure I wanted to try it just to be disappointed again. Tried it and I was really surprised -delicious! I added a 1/4 cup blueberries and the mix held them well. I topped the warm pancakes with one tablespoon of maple syrup (1/2 T would be plenty) and even a teaspoon of grass fed butter. Perfect breakfast with some scrambled egg whites. Pleasantly surprised.

First off , I am not a paleo practitioner. Though one of the things I really respected about the diet was the push for whole foods rich in micro nutrients and not eating out of a package. This product IMHO defeats the real reason paleo has merits at all. Kind of sad to see this. I guess someone will always try and make a buck off something that could be good.
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    This stuff is pretty good. I'm not a paleo hater like most though.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    The first ingredient is cassava flour, which is probably the main reason it tastes good. I've made tortilla wraps with cassava, and they are yummy and actually comparable to wheat tortillas imo.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    16g carbs is pretty good - I have no interest in paleo as such, but I'm a diabetic and I haven't had pancakes since being diagnosed. The maple syrup wouldn't work for me but I could make it work with berries and cream. Maybe worth a try! Thanks for the recommendation.
  • annk18
    annk18 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It's the best paleo pancake I've tried yet. I add egg and almond milk. It is fluffy light with it somewhat crisp exterior.
  • annk18
    annk18 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've also added walnuts and banana slices. The mix is naturally sweet enough and I don't need syrup.
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I like making waffles with it, then topping with fresh fruit compote. This post reminded me I had this in my pantry and now I want waffles or pancakes!!