Starting a fresh and need advice before my head explodes!!

Options
charlottetaylor123456
charlottetaylor123456 Posts: 36 Member
edited April 2018 in Getting Started
This is probably the millionth time I have tried to lose weight... My heaviest has been 22 stone and lightest 11 stone and currently 15 1/2 stone. I have been trying to do weight watchers propoints as I like the flexibility of weekly points for weekends however I can’t get back in to it... my head feels like it’s going to explode with all the different plans I have been looking into 5:2,16:8, macros, low carbs etc thinking I need to go back to basics and count calories. I would like to find a way to workout my calories so I can have a few extra at the weekend if anyone can recommend on this? I am in the process of relocating to Spain and move next week, hoping the sun and warmth will make this easier to stick to, going to be living in an apartment so can’t do my usual exercise dvds so planning on walking when I am not working. Any tips or advice? I am determined this is the last time I am doing this and I will get to goal now!! Thanks for your help x

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Lots of people "save" calories during the week to use on the weekend, it's a pretty common strategy. When I was losing weight, I would often bank 100-150 calories a day to use on Saturday, when my husband and I would go out.
  • triciale555
    triciale555 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I’m not sure if you know your numbers or not. Find out what your daily calories intake should be. Preplan the days meals/snacks do you can make sure your are going to stay in the calorie amounts, and create a deficit for the weekend.
    I make sure to stick to eating fruit and small meals on workdays because I know I will most likely be eating out on weekends.
  • charlottetaylor123456
    Options
    Thanks guys... my TDEE is 2380 with light exercise so I have put myself at 1550 calories Monday-Thursday then 1900 calories from Friday-Sunday. How does that sound? Thanks
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,976 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys... my TDEE is 2380 with light exercise so I have put myself at 1550 calories Monday-Thursday then 1900 calories from Friday-Sunday. How does that sound? Thanks

That's what I do. You don't say if you're male or female and how much weight you're needing to lose. (15.5 stone says you're around 217lbs, but that could be close to goal or way over weight, depending.)

So, yeah - set a reasonable goal during the week and then have a semi-splurge day. I've worked it that way for years. I tend to eat a little lower carb on my lower calorie days, and then eat treats and sweets on my higher calorie day. Seems almost like sanity, and it works well! I do log my foods all the time though, and I don't skip logging on those 3000 calorie days. It's good to see the effect, if any, on long-term patterns.

Just don't forget to get back on track. :wink: