Loose skin

Anyone have issues with loose skin after a large weight loss? If not how did you combat it? I started at 350 lbs, I'm currently at 328 with no intention of stopping soon. I am however concerned about looseskin when I reach my goal.

Replies

• latentspring
    latentspring Posts: 27 Member
    the three most repeated things I hear every time someone asks this question: time, moisturizer, and strength training. /thread
  • kchuch77
    kchuch77 Posts: 31 Member
    I’ve heard that taking collagen, lots of water, and lifting weights while you lose can help.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    edited April 2018
    Was 300 lbs when I started, now at 187, no hint of loose skin whatsoever. No I don't have " good genetics", I read on another website that you will see loose skin when it's 150 and above in weight loss so we'll see, I need to lose 30 more to reach my ideal weight. I have not tried to combat it, I kinda just assumed I'd shrink and shriveled up and it's been that way so far, I can only tell you this, i lift very light( under 100 pounds) and my protein intake is anywhere between 10-20% of my daily diet, skin is protein and you will lose protein and fat during weight loss and it's also possible I've moved some of them to my muscle groups. Hope that helps.
  • lostsomeweightonce
    lostsomeweightonce Posts: 23 Member
    I'm down from 307 to 235. So far no loose skin except I can see maybe a little tiny bit starting right under my belly button. I've lost fast and have had no issues yet. I keep my diet high in protein and really focus on weightlifting daily. I just hope to keep as much muscle mass as possible till I get down to 200.

Take a look at this guys videos might help with motivation even if you end up with some.
    ObesetoBeast
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Weights. Resistance Bands. Weights. Resistance Bands. It makes a difference!! I lost over 100 lbs in 8 months and yes... I do have some loose skin, but NOTHING like I imagined it would be. Why!? Because I added weights and resistance band training.
  • kmlbarky
    kmlbarky Posts: 16 Member
    I would add compression garments or wrapping to the previous suggestions.
  • Caitlin1812
    Caitlin1812 Posts: 16 Member
    I have only lost 30kg (66lb) and have loose skin. It bothers me but I guess it’s better to have it than to be unhealthy.
  • Dustin0525
    Dustin0525 Posts: 40 Member
    I have actually lost 180lbs and while my love handles have loose skin, the rest of me looks really good considering. Lifting weights has helped me hide 95% of it.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    I have loose skin 100 pounds down, Im lucky its relatively minimal considering, But when i bend over i melt to the floor lol. Beats being obese.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!