Gastritis low ph food help!

Options
I’m new to this! I’m trying to log everything I eat and connect which are my trigger foods for acute gastritis attacks, just curious if anybody else is trying to use this for that purpose how would you find out how would you track the pH values in the foods on here?If anyone knows I’d appreciate any help! Also trying to eat low-fat of course. Pickleball keeps me active. It’s a blast if you haven’t tried it!!!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm not sure, but you may get help from folks in the clean eating group? https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133-clean-eating-group
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    pinelakemo wrote: »
    I’m new to this! I’m trying to log everything I eat and connect which are my trigger foods for acute gastritis attacks, just curious if anybody else is trying to use this for that purpose how would you find out how would you track the pH values in the foods on here?If anyone knows I’d appreciate any help! Also trying to eat low-fat of course. Pickleball keeps me active. It’s a blast if you haven’t tried it!!!

pH isn't available on food labels, so I'm not sure how you'd expect it to be trackable on MFP? Most entries are user entered, and need to be double checked for even the most basic information - relying on them for something important to your health wouldn't be a good idea in my opinion. You may have to use the notes section to make your own notes and observations.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I think maybe you mean low acidity.

Things that are low pH are acidic. Things with a high pH are alkaline.

Foods that are high in acid can irritate gastritis and these are things like citrus juice, tomato juice, coffee.

Other foods that can irritate gastritis a fatty or spicy.

Maybe you could just track what you eat and then as others have suggested write in the notes section of your diary about your symptoms after each meal.
  • pjcooke01
    pjcooke01 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have gastritis also and newly diagnosed. I am doing the same thing with tracking my food. Maybe we can help each other!