New Gym Idea!!

Options
So, I’m a PE teacher and I wonder how many people would like to go to a boot camp/competition (very light competition. Mostly against yourself)/ team style Gym?? 30-45 minute classes where games and strategy come in to play along with fitness. I know it wouldn’t be for everyone, but who would be interested in that?

Replies

• jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun. I think it would be great for co workers and friends.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    A lot of people would like that, but it’s not my thing. I have a coworker who does boot camp classes and she enjoys the group environment.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Not for me. I prefer to work out alone. My happiest days are when I'm the only person in the gym.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    No not for me!
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    Kind of sounds like crossift...?
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    There already are bootcamp style gyms. My cousin goes to one and she likes it. Personally not my taste. Looks a bit too intense for me.
  • Spaffdavidson
    Spaffdavidson Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I would love it depending on the size of the group!!! I go to bootcamp every morning. Sometimes its just me there which is good...my own personal training session. Other times there are 4 to 6 people which is the perfect class size. Often times in the evening there are 20 or more in attendance which I find is too many to get a really good workout in.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    aside from zumba and yoga.... im not doing any group workout.

too many yuppies for me to deal with ;) lololol
  • xWintersKnightx
    xWintersKnightx Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym to get in shape so you can join a team if you want to play a competitive sport.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Kind of sounds like crossift...?

That was my first thought as well.

Some people enjoy that kind of environment, it's not my bag. I prefer to work out alone, have absolutely zero interest in doing classes of any kind. The only time I enjoy that kind of thing is when I'm playing team sports, so if I wanted that kind of environment I'd join a sports league rather than a gym.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    coachcdt wrote: »
    So, I’m a PE teacher and I wonder how many people would like to go to a boot camp/competition (very light competition. Mostly against yourself)/ team style Gym?? 30-45 minute classes where games and strategy come in to play along with fitness. I know it wouldn’t be for everyone, but who would be interested in that?

If you have to work on developing strategy during part of the 30 minutes, doesn't seem like one is going to get much exercise.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Hard pass for me, I love my 35 minute workout a 9Round & wouldn't trade it for anything.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Games. Strategy. Competition. Teams.

So, like Capture the Flag??? But with weights somehow mixed in...

Group fitness isn't my style to begin with. And if I wanted to play a game with a bunch of adults, I'd join the city league for kickball. At least then there is alcohol involved.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I remember when I liked group fitness. Now I purposely do cardio when the fitness room is empty. I want to do cardio in my sports bra, highly caffeinated, and I want to sing and dance and me loud and weird and throw things.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    Games. Strategy. Competition. Teams.

So, like Capture the Flag??? But with weights somehow mixed in...

Group fitness isn't my style to begin with. And if I wanted to play a game with a bunch of adults, I'd join the city league for kickball. At least then there is alcohol involved.

IN for paintball while wearing 50 pound backpacks!