6lbs to go and bleeding starving

Options
Hello fellow fitness pals!

I joined here to lose half a stone, and then to keep track of healthy eating.

It’s been a week, and I’m so hungry !!!!! Though, this could be because:
- I’m only a week in
- I’m just generally hungry all the time
- Stress
- PMS

I’m 5’2 and now weigh 121lbs, therefore only have a target intake of a measly 1200 which I’ve successfully gone over a few days in a row now (how does one try and prevent being hungry with only 1200 calories!!)

I’m just wondering if anyone has any inputs, advice or support? Add me if you’d like, I only have 2 friends!

Replies

• takemetosingapore19
    takemetosingapore19 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    1200 is starving... I don’t do it anymore. Then again I’m 5’10” and highly active
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Go for a walk, the longer the better. If you walk at 7 kph for an hour, that's an extra 350 calories you can eat. (I figured this on my calculator for a treadmill with a level walking surface, so if you've got access to a treadmill, you can set it on an incline and increase your calorie burn even more.) I walk 5 km in 52 minutes at a 15% incline and burn 696 calories at a go, but I'm heavier than you. At your weight, it would be 558 calories. Think of the food you could have!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Exercise calories FTW!
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    When I get to the last 20-30 lbs, my intention is to eat at maintenance for my goal weight. It'll happen naturally even if slowly. That's near what I'm doing now, though, so it really isn't going to be a big change for me. Exercise, of course, will increase the available calories too, so yay exercise.