You want me to eat how often??

Options
Today I started my nutrition plan from my trainer. 1500 calories split up into 6 meals a day. So far I feel pretty good, although I've still got 2 meals to go! Eating every 2 hours or so feels like that's all I'm doing.

I've been reading that my weight may go up until my body recognizes that it's getting good fuel and will regulate itself again. I think I've been in starvation mode for quite some time without realizing it. Here's to hoping eating more will help me lose more!

Replies

• wellness2010
    Options
    I hear you! I still don't know how to deal with the days that I oversleep though!
    But eating every two hours, yeah it does seem like eating is all I do!
  • pippyrlz23
    pippyrlz23 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I would really like to hear how this works for you! I can't imagine eating a bunch of small meals a day but I've heard that it works great for some people. My biggest worry would be getting busy and skipping a couple of meals and then being so hungry that I WAY over eat at the next meal...please keep us updated on how you do! Good luck!
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    That's totally the way it worked for me. My doctor told me to eat at least 50g protein every 3 hours, and since I started doing that I've lost over 30 lbs. I get up at 6 & immediately eat something, then eat again at 9, noon, 3, 6 & 9. I've had to set multiple alarms on my phone, because I'm really not hungry that often, and otherwise I'll forget. But it works!

Good luck to you!
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I have low blood-sugar, so even before I was trying to lose weight, I HAD to eat 3-4 meals a day with snacks in between in order to keep my sugar up. In some cases, yeah, I still feel like all I do is eat. I actually was thinking to myself today "God, I've been eating constantly today!" But I hadn't had that many calories. Some days it will feel like all you do is eat, but that's good! It means you're paying attention to the fact that you're actually eating. Mindless eating = bad.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I eat up until I go to bed. No problem.
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 "meals" (about 300 cals each) and 3 "snacks" (about 150 each). It works great for me because it keeps me satiated all day long. I don't grab junk from the cabinet b/c I am too hungry to find something healthy. Good luck!
  • cvealb
    cvealb Posts: 8
    Options
    I will add to what others say. It does work. I eat every 3 hours cause I start my day early. After my breakfast, I enter my food for the rest of the day, except dinner and my last snack. I make sure that I will not end up at dinner with no calories left. This way I can adjust my small meals during the day if I need to. And it does work. And if I miss one of the meals, like the one in the afternoon around 3 which is the one I usually miss, I just hold off til dinner and eat the regular amount I had planned. So I come in under my calorie goal which is not always a bad thing.
  • MrCake
    MrCake Posts: 53
    Options
    I personally love eating, I seat down and eat for hours with no problem so that isn't the problem. For me the biggest problem comes with planning. Planning out 6-7 meals every day isn't an easy task, at least while you develop a system. Most people are used to getting their 3 meals per day, usually 3 big meals to satisfy their requiremenet for the day, the problem arises when trying to split those amounts evenly throughtout the day. I found out that the biggest thing is to get good at snacks. You problably already have the alloted time to get those 3 main meals, most likely you don't have the time or don't know how to plan to include those extra three meals. What you need to do is plan ahead. Prepare/buy snacks that you can carry with you if you are at work. Fix your sleeping schedule, and try to be consistent about the times of day at which you eat. Although being consistent might seem to be the hardest part, it will actually become your number one tool to facilitate all the other variables.