Fitbit users

Options
Sorry to appear dim but do I have to use the "begin sleep now" button each night then "I'm akake" button every day or will it recognise that I've fallen asleep and woke up and record normally as I would as when I've pressed the sleep/awake button? I've got the fitbit charge 2 btw lol

Replies

• Amerek412
    Amerek412 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have the alta HR and wasn't aware there was such a button. It automatically detects when I begin sleep and when I wake up. Though, it will sometimes begin sleep when I am just laying very still on the couch watching TV or on my phone before bed, and not actually sleeping yet. But the wake up time is typically pretty spot on.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I also have an Alta HR and it automatically tracks your sleep. Often mine overcalculates because I tend to browse my phone in bed before sleep, so it thinks I'm asleep before I actually am due to lack of movement lol. So I usually have to check in the morning and adjust it.
  • alyssa_rest
    alyssa_rest Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge2 and it's really accurate in tracking when I fall asleep and wake up. I never pressed anything.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Charge 2...I've never pressed anything.
  • beccaawalsh
    beccaawalsh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Never press anything at all
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Charge 2 will automatically detect and track sleep. Even with naps... lol
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,642 Member
    Options
    Charge 2 will detect. The occasional verification and editing is necessary especially if you sit (awake) at a computer late at night (or similar)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I have the charge 2 and I didn't even know there was a special sleep button...
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I think the ones with HR automatically will track it. The flex and flex2 I used to own didn’t have HR so I used to do the “begin sleep now” in the app.

I have a Charge2 now and it’s automatic
  • mhetzel1983
    mhetzel1983 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Amerek412 wrote: »
    I have the alta HR and wasn't aware there was such a button. It automatically detects when I begin sleep and when I wake up. Though, it will sometimes begin sleep when I am just laying very still on the couch watching TV or on my phone before bed, and not actually sleeping yet. But the wake up time is typically pretty spot on.

Same with me. No button to press but it did register 2 hours of sleep while I watched a movie once
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I hate when it says I'm sleeping while watching tv!When obviously I'm getting up on commercial breaks to use the bathroom or run upstairs I'm certainly not asleep
  • ginge39
    ginge39 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, will try it tonight
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    temazur wrote: »
    Echoing everyone above, it should pick it up automatically. I stopped wearing mine to sleep, though. It stressed me out that I wasn't sleeping enough according to it, so then I ended up having a hard time sleeping because I was worried about getting enough sleep. It was a vicious cycle. I take the fitbit off at night and now I'm less wound up about it and actually getting more sleep. :)

I had to do this for a bit too,after getting the Alta hr for Christmas I had a hard time sleeping cuz I was so worried about the detailed lack of REM/deep sleep,also the lights would wake me up when I'd move,,now I wear a cutoff black sock around it and its ok,also now I just go by how I feel rather than obsessing over the minutes and total hours of sleep