Tired of weight going up and down.

Baby number three is 18 months now. No excuses. I'm at 200 and my first goal it to reach 175. Which is the lowest weight I accomplished after my second child was born. I'm trying to get back into tracking my calories and working out. Life is much busier with three kids now. So balancing all the house work, regular work, and parenting while throwing in workout routines...well...it hard. But its gotta happen. I gotta make it happen.

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    If life is busy, put your energy into logging your calories.
    Use a food scale and learn which entries are accurate. The USDA data base is a good ref as is the package label.

Exercise has great health benefits, but for weight loss it is all down to calories.

Though you can eat all foods, do work on reaching your nutritional goals as you are logging your calories.

Cheers, h.
  • gscrawford20
    gscrawford20 Posts: 2 Member
    I have been up and down the same 2 pounds even though I record everything I eat and most days I am right on or 100 calories less than allowed. How do I break this cycle and start to lose pounds again? I go to the gym and do the weight machines about 3 times per week. I have both knees replaced, so cannot work them too hard. Please help!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    I have been up and down the same 2 pounds even though I record everything I eat and most days I am right on or 100 calories less than allowed. How do I break this cycle and start to lose pounds again? I go to the gym and do the weight machines about 3 times per week. I have both knees replaced, so cannot work them too hard. Please help!

You record everything you eat, which is good, but do you use a digital scale and weigh every single thing?

Logging accurately has a learning curve, take the time to review your logging practices, it is well worth it.

Also, knowing none of your stats or calorie intake, when was the last time you revised your calorie goal. As we lose weight we burn fewer calories. If you haven't revised your goal after losing 10lbs, or since you started, it may be time to.

Cheers, h.