Forgotten & Unorthodox exercises

Options
2»

Replies

• jamesakrobinson
    jamesakrobinson Posts: 2,149 Member
    Options
    ricka1962 wrote: »
    Lat pull overs, dumbbell kick backs for triceps, GHRs, Land Mine Viking press, leg press on smith machine, good ole dumbbell hammer curls, dumbbell tricep extensions on the floor. Nobody notices since I have my own gym at home.

I don't think any of those are forgotten or unorthodox? ... With the possible exception of smith machine leg press... and then only because most commercial gyms have a sled or two... even then I have even seen it done a few times when both sleds at my gym are in use. I'm not familiar with GHR but all the rest are in my rotation. All good basics.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    tfhxf2fc9sas.png
    Feeling like a total millenial right now...I am familiar with what they do/purpose, just never knew the proper name. Reverse preacher curl stand essentially
  • jamesakrobinson
    jamesakrobinson Posts: 2,149 Member
    Options
    tfhxf2fc9sas.png
    Feeling like a total millenial right now...I am familiar with what they do/purpose, just never knew the proper name. Reverse preacher curl stand essentially

Yup. One of my favorite portable gym toys. Works great for pulldowns too.
  • Riff1970
    Riff1970 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Dumbbell High pulls and 3D Crossovers.

Check out Jeff Cavalier at Athlean X on YouTube. He does those and a bunch of other exercises that are unorthodox.
  • pbryd
    pbryd Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I've incorporated the 1 arm dumbbell OHP and I think it's a great movement.

Great for going heavy with, because you can use two hands to get the dumbbell up.

Haven't seen it promoted at all as a viable option.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I am a huge fan of spider curls, cable tricep kickbacks and incline cable flies.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    aerial conditioning during the aerial yoga i teach and the lyra i play with
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Two Hands Anyhow, even if it is more of a test than an exercise. Pretty sure that Arthur Saxon still holds the record for it, and it was set in the really early 1900s.