• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    serindipte wrote: »
    Ayesha0624 wrote: »
    cdudley628 wrote: »
    Ayesha0624 wrote: »
    cdudley628 wrote: »
    What is your activity level set to? Sedentary, lightly active, active? How much activity are you doing outside of the walking?

I set it at lightly active and not much activity outside of walking.

Do you know how many steps you're taking a day? With and without going for a walk?

At minimum around 6,000 but I've been aiming for 10,000 six days a week. I usually keep my phone in my pocket which syncs my steps to MFP.

If you have your activity level set at lightly active, it's already counting those 6-10k steps you're taking. If your phone is then syncing with MPF, it's adding to your calorie goals. That's going to kill your deficit by double dipping on the calorie burn. :(

That's not correct, if you sync an app that is counting steps you only get credit as a calorie adjustment for anything above the steps included in your activity level. You only end up double dipping if you're manually logging walking.

For example I have a tracker synced and I am set to lightly activity, I only get a positive calorie adjustment if I get in over about 6500 steps. Otherwise I get a negative adjustment to make sure I am not over-eating.

thank you! I didn't know this :)
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    Don’t see where this has been mentioned, you use a food scale? Eat out much?
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    You're either eating more than you think or you're over estimating your calories burned. If you're weighing your food using a scale then the other part of the equation is wrong.
  • Ayesha0624
    Ayesha0624 Posts: 95 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    88olds wrote: »
    Don’t see where this has been mentioned, you use a food scale? Eat out much?

Yes I weigh my food and I eat out sometime...mainly if I'm out of town. Outside of that I cook everything at home.
  • Ayesha0624
    Ayesha0624 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You're either eating more than you think or you're over estimating your calories burned. If you're weighing your food using a scale then the other part of the equation is wrong.

Could definitely be an over estimation of what I burned. I just go by what is synced to MFP from my SFIT