Are you a food logger? Can I peek?

Options
Are you a food logger that has had success in losing weight? Would you mind sharing your food journal?

I know that having less calories in and burning more calories equals weight loss. I know about fat, calorie counting, carbs, portion control, not eating in the evenings, etc, etc. I've been following health and weight loss for years. I know what I need to do.

What I don't know is meal planning. I suck at it. In fact, I hate the kitchen period! I don't enjoy cooking, I do it in order to eat and survive. I draw a blank when trying to pull together easy to make, high nutrient, low fat, appealing meals. As a result, I get bored with the food I'm eating and revert back to old EASY ways of eating. This results in me eating pre-made meals that are usually high in calories and fat. UGH!!

If you've had success losing weight, log your food and don't mind sharing your food journal I want to hear from you. HELP ME!! :)

Replies

• endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    You can look at mine
  • LiveInLeggings
    LiveInLeggings Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I just started logging again so there isn't much, but you're welcome to peek
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends. If you really hate cooking you might do better with bulk prepping where you do it once or twice a week.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i havent been logging consistently but am getting ready to go into a cut next week so have begun again and should be pretty consistent for the next few months at a minimum. it is open to friends.
  • mkyoungdds
    mkyoungdds Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't love cooking and I really hate doing dishes. Meal prep has been a blessing for me. I cook one day a week, then portion everything out and freeze it. The rest of the week, there is no cooking at all. Pinterest is a great place to find lots of recipes and you can tailor the search to any likes/dislikes you may have.
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I love cooking, but I hate cooking during the work week so I meal prep on Sundays. Spending a few hours in the kitchen on Sunday and not having to cook the rest of the week is ideal for me.
  • caraghnidurnin
    caraghnidurnin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid of fats. It's all calories in, calories out
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to anyone, I think. 30 days till I hit the logging for a year mark!
    I log every day too.
    Bulk prep meals on weekends.

I switched into maintenance at the beginning of the year.
    I would ignore this past weekend because I was hosting family so lots of high sodium big calorie meals.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Mine's wide open.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I am wide open. I eat way too many treats, but I lost 60 pounds since last summer and have been in maintenance for about 6 weeks and slowly losing (working on leveling out).
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Mine's open to view
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Wide open. I am low carb and pretty low calorie for medical reasons, but I eat lots of simple, yummy things.
  • Martinez83014
    Martinez83014 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can look at mine, I try to log everything, even cheats, but I forget about exercise a lot.
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You can check mine out. I do eat a lot of the same foods almost daily, though. I find that it helps me stay on track if I pre-log in the morning and know exactly what I'll be consuming each day and at what time.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I'm actually just getting started with meal prepping. My journal won't do you any good as I track everything on another site.

I've put it off primarly because I work 7 days a week, and I loathe the idea of taking the few hours I have one evening a week to spend it cooking and prepping meals. BUT, my food budget (from eating out too often) has been HORRIBLE, and I need easier ways to stay on track.

So, I'm laying out a menu for next week with some things I can prepare ahead of time. Hardest part was just planning the menu, but I think it'll significantly lower my grocery bill plus overall reduce time involved, and will definitely keep me on track for intake!
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    When folks say anyone can look at their diary, exactly how do we do that? I click on the name and see nothing there to look at. How do you see other diaries?
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    They have to make their diaries public
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    2aycocks wrote: »
    When folks say anyone can look at their diary, exactly how do we do that? I click on the name and see nothing there to look at. How do you see other diaries?

web instructions...
    You click on the name and a small window comes up with just overview, Click on the name in that window and it takes you to their page and there will be a button to see diary.
  • DragonHasTheSapphire
    DragonHasTheSapphire Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My food diary is public. I'm maintaining weight, though. I've eaten what MFP says, but go under sometimes because over a period of time the weight crept back. I just stick to 2100-2200.