Papa johns.

Options

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Their nutrition calculator is great. Play with it and fit it into your calories.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    @cee134 loves pizza!

This is mostly true.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    One thing to keep in mind is if you've been restricting for a while and have been avoiding fatty/greasy foods, your body may have an unpleasant reaction... go easy :)

Where we live, PJ's often has 50% off specials & my hubby brings it home regularly. I use to love the Works, and now don't really enjoy it anymore, so you may also find your tastes have changed.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    im not a big pizza person, but when i have pizza its usually papa johns

100 pounds lost says it not gonna kill ya ;)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Pizza is not bad. I like pizza. Have your pizza and move on. 2 slices of pizza is like 600 calories.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    It's one meal. And if you're craving it's likely nothing else will satisfy your craving and you might end up eating a bunch of other stuff trying to, then go over anyways. I make pizza every weekend with the two ingredient dough and love it! I'm a pizza lover so this helps me tremendously and I don't go over with it. My pizzas average 650 calories for a 10", and 50 grams of protein. Win win.

That being said, If it were me, I would go for better pizza. I love pizza but papa johns was the only one I ever threw in the trash.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    NARudy wrote: »
    Can I have papa johns?! I’m craving it SO much!

Help!

Cheaper and probably healthier just to get some cardboard and munch on that.

Why do people feel the need to impose their tastes on others? :/
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,720 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

It’s done. 4 large slices.
    For once in my life I’ve eaten slowly with a knife and fork and I’m full from less!

Very glad to hear this! I also would love to draw your attention to @WinoGelato 's first paragraph which nicely summarises, I think, what most of the posters are trying to say.

One meal and/or one exercise session will not make a person fat, thin, or buff. The long term accumulation of single meals and/or single exercise sessions (or lack thereof) WILL actually have an effect.

Your weight varies from day to day (and it would make perfect sense for it to shoot up after you eat something with increased sodium such as a pizza. it will come down a couple of days later assuming you don't continue eating the higher level of sodium and that you use the bathroom regularly :lol: ). The long term trend of what your weight does over a minimum 4 to 6 week time period to account for hormonal fluctuations is what matters though.

Managing your weight (and ultimately your health) is a longer term process. To me, at least, it makes sense to try to reduce the difficulty level for things that I have to keep doing long term.

If you are catching yourself thinking about your hard work in a way that implies that you're not happy with the difficulty level... you may want to consider that you are the one who sets your goals and time limits.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

For once in my life I’ve eaten slowly with a knife and fork and I’m full from less!

And that's how you learn to make the things you enjoy work :smile: Way to go you! (not being patronizing I swear, this seems to be a really big hurdle a lot of people struggle with and you figured it out)

It's really (IMO) one of the most important skills to master for long-term weight control.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options

Glad you got what you wanted and enjoyed it! It's a learning process and learning balance is a huge part of it. Good for you!