Curious...

Options
So I'm not getting hung up on weighing myself every day. I'm working out, eating healthy & making sure to get my sleep. Today I decided to try on a pair of shorts that I bought 2 years ago & couldn't get them past my hips...today they went on with ease. I've gone from a size 18 to 14 & curious does this mean that I've gone down 4 pant sizes? Trying to figure it out online but everything is all about pounds & I've just started measuring so I'm not entirely sure but it's a major NSV for me either way. :smile:

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    i mean....yes? if you wore 18 and now you wear 14 thats 4.... goodjob
  • jbrooks3645
    jbrooks3645 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    No, women's sizes are only even numbers; you went down two sizes. (Alert: making assumptions about US sizing based on the actual numbers)

But it is still a major victory!

Idk it may depend on the brand bec I have some odd sized pants
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    No, women's sizes are only even numbers; you went down two sizes. (Alert: making assumptions about US sizing based on the actual numbers)

But it is still a major victory!

Idk it may depend on the brand bec I have some odd sized pants

Odd sizes are junior sizes.
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    OP- congratulations! And great question, I've always wondered that!!!
  • fighting2bfit89
    fighting2bfit89 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am down 2 sizes & thank you all for your kind words & answering my question. It always confused me so figured why not ask some friendly people on MFP. :blush:
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Suffice it to say the U.S. sizing is so un-standardized as to leave us uniformly gobsmacked for an answer. Good work getting into something that used to be too small! Clothes tend not to expand the way sizes do.
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter you did good way to go B)o:)
  • hereslibby
    hereslibby Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That's a fabulous NSV !! Congrats !
    I understand your not weighing yourself al the time. Neither do I. I will every few weeks to see where I am. Doing it daily stresses me out. Works for some, but not me.
    Keep up the good work! It's paying off.