What DONT you track

pinggolfer96
pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
For me personally, I have things that I don’t track when I’m bulking and cutting, I just keep them constant in my diet. Until I get down to my single digit body fat levels on my cuts and It really counts I usually don’t track:
SF gum, mints, sugar free syrup, packaged artificial sweeteners (yes if you use a lot they count), bcaas, lemons/limes, cucumbers/pickles, non stick cooking spray....I’m sure there’s more, but that’s the stuff I usually don’t worry about until I start really fine tuning things and getting under 8%

Replies

• DragonHasTheSapphire
    DragonHasTheSapphire Posts: 184 Member
    I usually don't log stuff like vinegar or herbal teas, or sometimes vitamins. I do log them down sometimes, but usually it's the vitamins since they have some calories.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Vinegar, tea (I do log the cream in it), spices, a wedge of lemon or lime in a beverage. I log everything else.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited April 2018
    Marinades. In addition to the things everyone above have already listed.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Mustard, hot sauce, vinegar, black coffee/tea, diet soda, and any "0" calorie sweeteners. Everything else gets logged.
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Much the same as has been said above:
    SF mints, herbs, herbal tea, diet soda, sometimes I don’t log cooking spray (if I only use a tiny bit), tiny sprinkles of salt and pepper on the rare occasions they’re used.
    I figure the calories for these things are pretty nominal, and I’ve been losing just fine. If that changes, I’ll tighten up.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    straight herbs and spices. otherwise everything. (poorly-don't have a scale at this time)
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Black coffee or tea .
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    Black coffee or tea .

ditto!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    My bedtime salt.
    Also, for cups of water/tea/coffee I round down to multiples of 8 oz.
    Not the aspirin 81 mg.
    Not the Acetaminophen PM.
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    sugar free sodas, drinks, equal packets in my tea, unsweet tea, pickles, sometimes the crystal light powder packets, I log but don't weigh sriracha, hot sauce or mustard, spices (garlic powder, salt pepper etc), cooking spray, I usually log the popcorn flavoring (butter/kettlecorn etc) but I certainly don't weigh it... I'm sitting here trying to think of anything else but I can't. This is the jist of most of it and it seems like this is the same for the majority. I used to log SF gum when I was doing low carb because it's 2 carbs per piece and that adds up quick when you're eating 5 pieces a day and only allowed to eat 25g of carbs. Glad that's over.
  • DaintyWhisper
    DaintyWhisper Posts: 221 Member
    I'm not too exact with logging things like soy sauce, ketchup, lettuce, some vegetables (cucumbers, carrots, onion), salsa, jalapenos, a splash of cream in eggs, etc. I used to be a lot stricter, but I've relaxed over the past few months.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I don't track black coffee or sugar free gum.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I don't track 0 calorie items and I don't track bites of food that are likely under 10 calories. However, I probably only have a bite of food like that once maybe twice a week. There are other things I don't track as closely like salad mixes and the lower calorie salad fixings that I will eyeball. I can live with being 25 calories too high or low because I am not about to start weighing cucumbers and the like.
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    The only thing that I don't log is water.

• Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Due to swallowing issues, I have to take my medicine with applesauce. I don’t track that applesauce, nor the pills, because they’re relatively constant and a necessity. If I hit a stall, it’s not something I could adjust or remove. (If I have applesauce with a meal or snack I track that.)

I also do not track no/minimal calorie liquids, like coffee, water, tea, diet colas, etc.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    What @janejellyroll said except for the sampling. And water. I don’t track water.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Vitamins, zero calorie spices or sweeteners, zero calorie condiments, black tea and coffee.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    I don't log black tea, packets of artificial sweetener, my vitamins, spices, sugar-free gum, or diet soda. Now that I am maintaining, I also don't log a single taste of someone's food or samples at the grocery store.

Ditto!