Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Sweet taste in mouth!

For the last couple of days I've had a sweet taste in my mouth. It's been constant even when I haven't eaten anything sweet. Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone know what could be the cause could be?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Not sure but I think it has to do with High Blood Sugar.
    I found this online if you are interested.
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2864468/sweet_taste_in_mouth_causes_and_solutions.html
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    has your man been eating pineapples?
  • I'm sure this isn't it but when I was at gym today I heard a guy saying that when he got a concussion he could smell something sweet.
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    I sometimes get that if I haven't had as much water as I'm used to drinking....but I never really knew "what" caused it.
  • has your man been eating pineapples?

OMG! That is so a comment I would make to my friends!
  • determinedash
    determinedash Posts: 46 Member
    I know that many diabetics have problems with ketosis and their ketone levels which can leave a sweet taste in the mouth. Also, I've heard that many have had this due to aspartame in the products they consume. Has your diet changed over the past few days at all?
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Maybe what your eating is high in sugar. That's happened to me after eating fruit and sometimes certain veggies like peppers.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,324 Member
    Have your blood sugars checked, this is a major sign of
    diabeties do you have the fruity breath oder as well?
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    I believe ketosis gives you sweet fruity breath, ketosis i believe is associated with diabetes and starvation states. Hope this isn't the cause!
  • losing_4_life
    losing_4_life Posts: 21 Member
    I've been eating a lot of protein and very little carbs. I'm not really sure where the sweet taste is coming from because the only "sweets" I've been eating is fruit. Nothing with Aspartame. It's weird.
  • Your body is in ketosis. Its a good thing. You are likely cutting your calories avoiding sugar and carbs and so you are in a fat burning state. That's a symptom of keitosis. Are you doing a strict diet? I bet you are.
  • losing_4_life
    Your body is in ketosis. Its a good thing. You are likely cutting your calories avoiding sugar and carbs and so you are in a fat burning state. That's a symptom of keitosis. Are you doing a strict diet? I bet you are.

Yes very much so. I hope that's what it is!
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Have your blood sugars checked, this is a major sign of
    diabeties do you have the fruity breath oder as well?

I agree use to happen to me all the time until I got my sugaar levels under control
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    I've been eating a lot of protein and very little carbs. I'm not really sure where the sweet taste is coming from because the only "sweets" I've been eating is fruit. Nothing with Aspartame. It's weird.
    Refer back to AJK comment, A lot of protien.. with a sweet after taste.. has to be about the pineapples.
  • losing_4_life
    Refer back to AJK comment, A lot of protien.. with a sweet after taste.. has to be about the pineapples.

What does that have to do with the price of tea in china????
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member

I believe you are in "ketosis" from the high protein and low carbs. My guess, anyway.