brown rice??

2»

Replies

• Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    I put garlic powder and a little bit of butter.
  • smareeh
    smareeh Posts: 117 Member
    I like peanut butter with it too and also add a little crushed red pepper!
  • carieeng
    carieeng Posts: 10 Member
    Chicken! Most def! :)
  • myfurturelooksgood
    myfurturelooksgood Posts: 30 Member
    I cook my rice in vegetable broth and while it is cooking, I saute` sliced mushrooms, sliced onion, chopped green bell pepper and garlic in a very small amount of olive oil till softened a bit, then add garlic powder, onion powder, a little sea salt, cracked black pepper, stir to blend, then add tofu and toss for a couple minutes. When rice is done, I toss everything together into a baking dish, sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top and bake for about 20 minutes at 350. Sometimes, I add fresh shrimp which I have shelled, cleaned and cooked myself. Makes a nice entree and usually serve it with black beans. Hope you like this idea.
  • lori8431
    lori8431 Posts: 68
    Worchestire sauce...is that spelled correctly??? with butter and green onions. I am really intrigued by the peanut butter and am now going to try this.
  • tara4487
    tara4487 Posts: 118 Member
    Thx everyone I kinda made a chicken stir fry added chicken teraki soy sause and pineapple it was so yummy
  • mreneecohen
    mreneecohen Posts: 64 Member
    I REALLY don't like brown rice. I don't know if it's because I love fluffy white rice or what. These have gave me great ideas!
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    I make it with veggies and chicken breast done up with some honey and garlic (homemade including sauce).. very yummy... or you could try a little salsa??
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,494 Member
    what can i add to brown rice to make it taste better ?? love rice and brown rce is the closest to white rice but im def not crazy about how it taste
    Nothing wrong with white rice. Little less nutritional value, but calories, carbs and protein a about the same.
  • I add cooked brown rice to sauteed onion, green pepper, celery and tomatoes. Also add in salt, pepper, garlic power and a little parm cheese (ground). Delicious! The celery in this really gives it a great taste.