Jumping Jacks Challenge?

Options
Would anybody be interested in a jumping jacks challenge? The challenge would be to do 1000 jumping jacks a day (split them up into 10 sets of 100 throughout the day) so that you burn 7000 total by the end of the week. The logic is that since you burn 1 calorie for every 2 jumping jacks, by the end of the week you'll have burned 3500 calories, hence, losing a pound (of course you'll have to eat healthy and drink plenty of water.) I'm going to try to do this on top of running on a treadmill for 30 minutes 5 or 6 days out of the week, hopefully losing at least a pound (goal being a pound and a half) by the jumping jacks and the running. If enough people are willing to test out the theory, we'd start on Monday, August 15. Anybody in?

Replies

• leezanicole
    Options
    I definitely would like to try this! Hopefully my knee is feeling better by Monday.
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I am totally in!!! I just added it to my goals for August :-D
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely like to try this! Maybe it will get me more into the whole jumping jacks thing. Usually I want to pass out after 25 :P
  • Jacksonsmomma2211
    Jacksonsmomma2211 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to try...
  • nicakk01
    nicakk01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am will to try - 8/15 here we come!
  • JayBear13
    JayBear13 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i'm in, i do 100 jumping jacks a day this shouldn't be hard
  • luckystar8131
    Options
    I will try to do it. I remember doing jumping jacks as a kid thinking how easy they were...I do them now and feel like I'm going to DIE! LOL! I hope it works!
  • heatherjo27
    heatherjo27 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in! An extra pound loss due to doing something fun & different, heck yeah!
  • liveforfit
    Options
    Okay, that's great. (: Don't forget to write down (I'd recommend a tally mark) for every 50 jumping jacks you do, or else it's really easy to forget where you are, especially if you do the jumping jacks during commercial breaks!
  • frats
    frats Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I will do anything right about now to lose a pound! Count me in. I might not wait until Monday though, if that is OK.
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    count me in!
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'd like to give it a try. Mondays are my rest days (the hubby is off) but I'm going to give it my all Tues- Sat. That would still be 5000 jumping jacks. holy cow that's a lot!
  • zombiexmama13
    zombiexmama13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ill do it ;) starting Monday lmfao!
  • hottiemush
    hottiemush Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • francena84
    Options
    Count me in
  • jeffrife
    jeffrife Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in for this. I remember in martial arts once our master told us to do 1001 jumping jacks, that way if anyone asks how many we could do, we could say "over a thousand"....of course I like the idea of splitting it up into 10 different sets throughout the day! But I think I'll make the last set 101 in his honor.
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I am starting early. No time like the present.
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am up for a challenge. This is a really cool idea. Thanks
  • ahizzel
    ahizzel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    BUMP