How do I change my macro

Options
I want to have low carbs and high protein. I think I want my carbs to be no more then 50 a day. I don't know what to change the percentage too. I was also wondering should I watch my sodium intake or should I keep it on fats? I am kinda new to this.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    @Howland_Rita I am moving this to general help so you get more responses.
  • Howland_Rita
    Howland_Rita Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,012 Member
    Options
    I want to have low carbs and high protein. I think I want my carbs to be no more then 50 a day. I don't know what to change the percentage too. I was also wondering should I watch my sodium intake or should I keep it on fats? I am kinda new to this.

What is your calorie goal?
  • Howland_Rita
    Howland_Rita Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,012 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

Ok, 50g of carbs is 200 cals. 200 is @ 13% of 1500. So if you set your carbs at 15% it will be a little high, 10% will be a little low, take your pick.

You can track all 3 macros plus sodium if you want.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,026 Member
    Options
    Keep in my mind that if you log cardio exercise, MFP will give you more calories and will allot a proportionate amount of the calories to protein. So it might be better just to look at the actual grams in the nutrition section.