Plateu?

Options
So my friend and I dont use MFP but we log on a more convenient app- name not mentioned. However we did the manual version of the tdee and also compared it to a tdee calculator and just chose the lower number. He has lost 20 pounds in 1 month from 180 to 160 and im just stalling at around 158-160 and started at 162.

Any help? On my other thread i mentioned the big smoothie meal and all that. Regarding fat, he has went from a slighty visible 2 pack to a 6 pack in 1month. I had a slightly visible 2 pack and is still the same.

Any ideas? He says he doesnt track when he eats, just what he does eat sometimes

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    tvnz1ryhbdr8.jpg
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    You are not your friend.
    He is creating a massive deficit - you don't need to log to do that.

Unless he has a lot of weight to lose, losing 20lbs in a month is likely unnecessarily quick. 4lbs in a month is more realistic. Stop comparing yourself to others.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Stop comparing yourself to someone else and be patient. And a 20lb weight loss for someone of your friend's size isn't something to do or aspire to. Unless you want to lose muscle mass as well as fat, but I have to ask if at 162 you aren't already in a healthy range? Maybe you need to look into recomp?
  • SugarAndSugar
    SugarAndSugar Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    tvnz1ryhbdr8.jpg

Already got that and ended up in red circle but doctor said nothings wrong
  • SugarAndSugar
    Options
    Stop comparing yourself to someone else and be patient. And a 20lb weight loss for someone of your friend's size isn't something to do or aspire to. Unless you want to lose muscle mass as well as fat, but I have to ask if at 162 you aren't already in a healthy range? Maybe you need to look into recomp?

???
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    Options

???

What about the comment puzzled you?
  • SugarAndSugar
    Options

???

What about the comment puzzled you?

Recomp
  • SugarAndSugar
    Options
    I feel like I personally plateued and it also stayed the same on the body fat tester machine and also there doesnt look to be much progress in the mirror
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    Options
    Then do as kimny suggests, pick a healthy method and stick to for a couple of months and see how you're doing then.
  • SugarAndSugar
    Options
    Then do as kimny suggests, pick a healthy method and stick to for a couple of months and see how you're doing then.

Any recommendations?
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    Options

Any recommendations?

Calorie counting. Track your calories accurately with the help of a food scale for 6-8 weeks.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Any recommendations?

Why don't you try just eating the foods you like? Prelog to figure out what portions will fit. Start to make a note of days you struggle and days you stick to your deficit easily. Do they have anything in common? Are you getting a reasonable amount of protein, fat, and fiber? Start learning what works FOR YOU.

I know you want there to be one right way that someone will tell you the secret about, but there isn't one. The only thing that applies to everyone is you need a calorie deficit. Some people do better with plenty of carbs, others do better with hardly any. Some people do better eating several small meals, others do better with 2 big meals. You kind of have to figure it out yourself.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,481 Member
    Options

Any recommendations?

IMO only, this one:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm