Weight Loss Help

Options
Hello, I am officially starting a lifestyle change tomorrow. I realized how unhealthy my eating habits are, and that I need to change them before my metabolism slows down.

I am not new to myfitnesspal. Previously, I use this only to track calories, but I am new to diets and healthy eating.

Ideas, please?

I'm 5'3 and currently about 111.

Replies

• TxAngel79
    TxAngel79 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    To be honest you don't need to lose any weight if you are at 111! Just eat healthier to mantain!!!
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I agree with Angel. Nothing wrong with wanting to change bad eating habits!
  • carmella7164
    carmella7164 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I didn't think you needed to loose weight - good job. Any ideas for us. Just eat better but exercising always helps.
  • tinytots3
    tinytots3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You really shouldn't be aiming to lose weight... BUT just cause you are a good weight doen't mean you can't use the program. You can make sure you are coming in the right ranges in protein and calcium and fats and sugar etc. Thin does not always mean healthy... so I encourage you to explore better eatting habits! Good luck! You'll do well!
  • bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Options
    Thanks for your responses!

*update: I just weighed myself & I am 109.8. Ha ha close enough.

And yes, I do have horrific eating habits. I used to weigh 102, but then I went on his binge and gained weight.

And it is really hard to control.

So do you have any healthy meal suggestions?

It will be much appreciated!
  • matticrew
    Options
    111?! OHMYGOD YOU ARE TINY.
    I have a friend who is like 5'9 and 121 and feeels she is fat and I am going to tell you the same thing I tell her.

You are a perfect weight at 111. Don't worry about how much you weight just eat the right foods, run and drink atleast 64oz of water a day. You don't want to be tooo thin, that is never attracitve.
    Stay Healthy Girl.
  • bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Options
    @matticrew

Thanks for the advice!
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    DISCLAIMER: This post is coming from someone with a long history of disordered eating. If you think it's hard to control your eating when you binge, you probably have a disorder worth talking to a counselor about . Your weight right now is just fine.

Edited to add: It's actually less healthy to weigh so little because your body can't fight off illnesses the way a "normal" or "over" weight person can, so be careful with how low you go. 102 is definitely going to put you in a really bad spot, health wise.
  • mrk34
    mrk34 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Don’t wait to start tomorrow. Start today.

Added 20 or so minutes later:

I want to withdraw my comment. I didn’t realize how little you weigh.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am officially starting a lifestyle change tomorrow. I realized how unhealthy my eating habits are, and that I need to change them before my metabolism slows down.

I am not new to myfitnesspal. Previously, I use this only to track calories, but I am new to diets and healthy eating.

Ideas, please?

I'm 5'3 and currently about 111.

yay congrats!! I would start today because u won't be motivated as much tomorrow. Anything is better than nothing! Your tiny like me haha, feel free to add me. We all can help you out and keep u motivated. I've been slacking on ab workouts so I need some motivation there. lol I mainly use this to track calories and to remind myself to eat as well.
  • HealthyAlp
    Options
    First of all, congratulations for realizing that just because you have a healthy BMI does not mean you are a healthy person. I'd simply suggest eating cleaner foods.

Healthy portions several times a day is the best advice I can give you. It also helps if you eat home-cooked meals because they have none of the ingredients that restaurants add to make it taste better. That tasty bit is usually what hurts us.

Good luck!