Anyone quitting smoking here?

Options
I know it's TOUGH to do and TOUGHER when logging your eats but is anyone here up for buddying?

Replies

• rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I just quit a little over a week ago and switched to vaping. I know there are some scare stories out there, but everything (reputable) that I’ve found says it’s about 90% safer/healthier. Now it’s just dealing with the embarrassment of vaping.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    I’m working on it!!!
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was 3 weeks cold turkey for me! The first week was hell. But started getting significantly easier. Everyone seems to get different side effects. For me it was mostly insomnia and head fog. Some people get flu like symptoms.

Check out Allen Carr's easy method to help you power through.
  • kristenmichelle82
    kristenmichelle82 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to quit. I managed to make it 2 days before my wife and I wanted to murder each other.
  • JuneyCleaves
    JuneyCleaves Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Quit cold Turkey Jan 01. Feel like a million bucks. Do it, you'll thank yourself.
  • ndonele
    ndonele Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I’m using Wellbutrin and I’m on day 80 although I have to confess I did smoke two of those 80 days but I’m still doing alright. I also use this app called last which counts the numbers days I haven’t smoked and how much money I am saving. The last part is really what shocked and horrified me and cigarettes here are still fairly cheap. Don’t lose hope wanting to quit is half the battle won.