food plan help

Options
I have too many calories @ the end of the day, any help??

Replies

• _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    You eat too many calories or you have more calories left to eat?

If the former, don't eat so many.

If the latter, eat more.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    * Fruits
    * nuts
    * yogurt
    * oatmeal
    * milk
    * toast

Or make a fruit shake with greek yogurt
  • TheYoungRetiree
    TheYoungRetiree Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Every night I sit down and come up with a rough plan for the next day. I put in what we're having for dinner. I have a good lunch idea and some great snacks built in. I try to spread my calories around so I eat the spread all through the day. This way you're not eating too many, or left with a huge deficit at night. Works for me so far :D
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    if you eat too many....go for a walk
    if you eat too few...have a mango
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    In future, try to eat more during the day, like a nice decent breakfast, snack a couple of times between meals.
  • trishstokes
    Options
    I have used my protein allowace w/ dinner but seem to end up w/ too many cals., fat, & carbs left to use! how should I balance my meals out? I need recipes.
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    pick two or three option that have similar calorie counts for breakfast and then rotate between them... that way you stay consistent. Do the same for lunch and snacks that way you can reasonably understand how many calories you have left at the end of the day. I usually enter in my entire day's food (including what I plan to have for dinner) after I am done with lunch so I know if I have any extra calories that I can fill with a small treat.

For me, I usually have wheat toast with a slice of cheddar cheese and a hard boiled egg or a Thomas Better Start English Muffin and peanut butter for breakfast.

Snack is a serving of fruit. I rotate this for variety but bananas are commonly my choice as they are portable so I can take them with me where ever I go.

Lunch is a 1/2 portion of what I had for dinner the night before, 10 baby carrots, 1/2 cup cottage cheese and a pudding snack. If I don't have left overs, I have a Turkey sandwich (on whole wheat, light mayo)

Snack is either greek yogurt, string cheese and wheat crackers, or an energy bar. ( I have the energy bars on the days I am working out in the evening instead of the morning).

I always plan my dinner menus on the weekend and then create my shopping list based on what I am planning on having for dinner that week. I use a lot of recipes from Cooking Light (I"ve been a subscriber for many years)...

Consistency is what works for me.... I don't have to think about what to eat... I just know... and it keeps me from making bad choices
  • Amber824
    Amber824 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Every night I sit down and come up with a rough plan for the next day. I put in what we're having for dinner. I have a good lunch idea and some great snacks built in. I try to spread my calories around so I eat the spread all through the day. This way you're not eating too many, or left with a huge deficit at night. Works for me so far :D

Planning is definitely the key! Just remember, it's never set in stone, so if something unexpected happens like you leave your lunch at home and you travel 30 minutes to work, you can always just fill in the blanks.

Good luck!
  • trishstokes
    Options
    ok, tonight, I have 360 cals. , 34 carbs., & 27fat left to use!! what do I eat??
  • sawalter68
    sawalter68 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese (protein), raw almonds or walnuts (healthy fat), Tuna pouch, Hard boiled eggs. Maybe you should look at your profile again. Your calorie limit may have changed. Are you losing weight or maintaining?
  • trishstokes
    Options
    this is only my second day,.... trying to get a meal plan to work?!?