Hey everyone , got a challenging questions for ya , lol

Options
Hey everyone , today was good didn't go over my limit at all.Well sometimes at midnight or a little after I get a good snack , what I am curious about is since after midnight is a new day would it be okay to just roll this next snack over to tommorrow's diary were it won't cause me to go over on today?I thought maybe the times I do that I can do that , any input is appreciated , thanks

Replies

• Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    midnight is midnight. Although, snacks that late can be counter-productive.
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    As long as you are consistent in whatever you decide, it will work. I personally count a full day as the time I wake up until the time I go to sleep. So if I am eating pizza at 2 am, that goes on the previous days entry. (Not that I would ever do that.) Some people use a strict 24-hour time table. Whatever you decide. I would hate to wake up with calories gone already!
  • skiinybitch
    Options
    good question, but i think it counts for the same day. i dont think 12:00 is what divides the days. its probably when you go to sleep so what ever you eat be4 you sleep should count for that same day even if its goes past 12am and then after you go to bed you start a new day
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I think it should be ok as long as it is counted. Thats what I'd do! You are still accounting for it. Some experts will probably say different. lol
  • laboomxx
    Options
    Midnight, new day.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    As long as you are consistent in whatever you decide, it will work. I personally count a full day as the time I wake up until the time I go to sleep. So if I am eating pizza at 2 am, that goes on the previous days entry. (Not that I would ever do that.) Some people use a strict 24-hour time table. Whatever you decide. I would hate to wake up with calories gone already!

I would do this. Your body doesn't know it's midnight but it does know when you've slept for 6-8 hours.
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    As long as you are consistent in whatever you decide, it will work.

This about sums it up. It's your dietary plan so your 24 hour day (for calorie counting purposes) begins and ends when you say it does. However, I would follow the above advice and be consistent...you don't want to get into the habit of gaming this...applying it to whichever day is more convenient. Decide up front how you will count this when it happens, always count it the same way, and no one can reasonably say you are cheating or gaming your calories.
  • vrodriguez87
    vrodriguez87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    there has been times where i think about getting a midnight snack =) MFP does record it under the next day. at 12am your food diary changes resets itself! so go ahead and have a snack before breakfast!!
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I totally roll it over. Then, if I don't have enough calories the next day, I work out extra hard. MFP actually rolls over the calories for me if I eat late enough, so that's nice. ;)
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I go midnight to midnight because of my schedule....however, Im consistent with it. I've not waiveres. So don't try to cheat the system, just be consistant.
  • anthem61
    Options
    Your day begins and ends with your extended period of sleep - so if you go to bed at 2am and wake up after 8am then midnight is just part of the evening for you. The clock is just a general suggestion - you decide what hours your "day" consists of.
  • namrettik
    namrettik Posts: 127
    Options
    In all aspects of my life (not just food tracking), I consider it the same day until I go to sleep. A midnight snack goes on the day I've been awake up to that point.
  • ehodges1982
    ehodges1982 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think the important thing is that it is counted....but if you are having a good snack it shouldn't matter. It is not the end of the world to go over on calories every once in a while. I'd track it on the prev. day and not feel guilty about it. It sounds like you wait until midnight to snack so it wont look bad on your diary but the food diary should be used as a tool or even motivation to maintain a healthy diet.
  • Lauren38570
    Options
    Hey very true thanks so much everyone
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I base my "day" on when I'm awake - from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to bed is one day. Usually it starts around noon and ends around 2 or 3am.

BTW, I eat at night EVERY single night and I've lost 60lbs. It isn't WHEN you eat, it is WHAT you are eating. :) Just have something healthy.
  • LifeTraveler
    Options
    I have an extremely strange work schedule, so I just log whatever I eat on that day. Midnight starts a new day for me.
  • mapryan
    mapryan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I wonder what I'll do the next time I fly from the UK to Australia. That could get confusing.

I guess the key thing is just to get it all down and not worry about the particular day as it all smooths out in the weekly averages
  • Lauren38570
    Options
    yeah same here I work hours from 8 or 9 till 1 or 2 am sometimes later