Options
13»

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,998 Member
    Options
    Don’t track:
    1. Zero calorie items: spices, decaf tea, coffee

2. Says it has no calories but I’ve read differently on MFP: non-stick spray

Things I do track:
    1. Salt, vinegar, soy sauce, mustard
    2. celery, lettuce.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I don't log drinks (except any alcohol I have, which is only a couple of times a month at the most)
  • EllieTheLondoner
    EllieTheLondoner Posts: 33 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I don't log any of my drinks or using MFP becomes too cumbersome for me and I stop logging entirely. The only drink I have with any kcals in it now is my morning coffee, but I have a limit on how many I drink and it's fairly constant. The only other drinks I mostly have are black tea and water.

Oh wait, I do log booze though! Not sure how accurately, but I try! But that's limited to weekends.

And like others, I don't log spices, vinegar, squeezes of lemon, etc. Again, anything too cumbersome puts me off logging entirely as I start fixating on accuracy. Took me years to realise that 'close enough' is better than 'not at all' for me!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I log mustards and vinegar and soy sauce, because I just like to see what I ate that day and how I prepared it. The one area where I'm pretty careless is lettuce, spinach, and cabbage. As others have said, I log them but I don't really measure them. That's the place where I don't mind eyeballing/guesstimating, because even being radically off is only going to be a difference of 7-21 calories.
  • juliamfu161
    juliamfu161 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Water/seltzer. I figure since they have no calories or salt, then there's simply no need.
  • alyssa_rest
    alyssa_rest Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I don't log spices, black coffee, tea, hot sauce, and when I sneak a bite of my husband's food. I estimate green vegetables and lettuces.

Everything else gets weighed for the most part, or eyeballed if I'm not at home.
  • rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Unless it’s a major component of the flavor of a dish (like hot peppers or fish sauce or something), I don’t really track anything under 30 calories.
  • Martinez83014
    Martinez83014 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't log vitamins or "bites" like grocery store samples or when someone says "try this" because I refuse to beat myself up over a single bite. Other than that I try to log everything.