Trying to lose 160 pounds !

Options
denisse236
denisse236 Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hello,

I am very new to this and I’m trying to lose a lot of weight. I have been told that I shouldn’t start off with a BIG GOAL because I might quit and lose motivation, but that’s how much I want to lose. I need motivation and I’m trying to get better and overall just be healthy. I’m not sure if anyone reads it, but at least I’m doing it. I am 27 years old and I was in a very toxic relationship for years, which is why I gained so much weight (emotional eater), now that I’m done with that, I need to start concentrating on myself. Let’s see how it goes. Wish me luck on my journey. :#

I want to hear about everyone ! What is your biggest goal?

Replies

• denisse236
    denisse236 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That’s awesome and thank you !
  • LaurenMT96
    LaurenMT96 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thanks, i set myself 10lb increment mini-goals, as overall i have 91-98lbs to lose, see how i feel when i get to 90 :smile: If i looked at the bigger picture i think i would get so de-motivated!
  • GypsyAnne
    GypsyAnne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck with everything! Keep it up and you'll be at your goal in no time!
  • missdmays
    missdmays Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    LaurenMT96 wrote: »
    Good luck! i am 98 days in and down 38lb so far
    THATS AMAZING . im just starting .. im 5'2 and 230 ..my goal is about 90 pounds also . do you mind sharing with me how you were able to lose the weight so far? im having a hard time. thank you (:

• LaurenMT96
    LaurenMT96 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    missdmays wrote: »
    LaurenMT96 wrote: »
    Good luck! i am 98 days in and down 38lb so far
    THATS AMAZING . im just starting .. im 5'2 and 230 ..my goal is about 90 pounds also . do you mind sharing with me how you were able to lose the weight so far? im having a hard time. thank you (:

Hi, yeah I'm 5'7 started at 259, MFP has set my calorie goal to 1290, I am always under monday - thursday and often go over at the weekend but do exercide to combat, i'm also trying to stay away from sugars as i have PCOS, i try to limit carbs and lots and lots of protein :)
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! It will take time but you have your whole life ahead of you, and compared to that, the time will pass quickly! I'm currently down 120 lbs and in maintenance. It took me about a year to go from morbidly obese to normal weight. Just log everything, find activities you enjoy to earn a few more calories and protect your muscle mass while you lose, and eat in a way that is sustainable for you long term.

What helped me with emotional eating was focusing on finding sources of emotional comfort which were not food related, such as nature walks, herbal tea, music, and doing my fingernails fun colors. I also made a list of long term problems in my life and started working on solving them one at a time so I would have fewer sources of stress. It really made a difference.
  • LittleBigCanada
    LittleBigCanada Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there. So happy youre out of your toxic relationship!!
    I want to lose at least 100 lbs. Another goal is to just be in good shape (not get done out when I go for a hike ect.) And to go down some pant sizes hehe.
    Would love a friend with big goals as well! I too am just getting started. In march I was 290lbs. Im currently 276lbs.
    Let's do this!!
  • guy_1987
    guy_1987 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    denisse236 wrote: »
    Hello,

I am very new to this and I’m trying to lose a lot of weight. I have been told that I shouldn’t start off with a BIG GOAL because I might quit and lose motivation, but that’s how much I want to lose. I need motivation and I’m trying to get better and overall just be healthy. I’m not sure if anyone reads it, but at least I’m doing it. I am 27 years old and I was in a very toxic relationship for years, which is why I gained so much weight (emotional eater), now that I’m done with that, I need to start concentrating on myself. Let’s see how it goes. Wish me luck on my journey. :#

I want to hear about everyone ! What is your biggest goal?

Slow and steady will win the race!

Good luck.

I've Lost 37 pounds and now down to 169.

Want to loose another 5lb and then put some muscle on.