Should I eat less that 1200 calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    If you're "too tired" to work out at 20 years old, then you probably aren't eating enough.

Eat a little more. And for exercise? Even going for a 30 minute walk is enough sometimes.
  • vesi455
    vesi455 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would like to point out that what I meant by "being too tired sometimes" doesn't have anything to do with eating or the amount of food that I'm consuming. I meant that some days I get home late from university and the last thing I want to do is work out ( I should have mentioned this), plus I'm quite lazy when it comes to working out since I honestly don't enjoy it lol. I have never felt hungry at 1200 calories but I did change my goals and now my calories are 1320. Also, I'm going to look into strength training like a lot of you guys mentioned, hopefully, I can finally find a workout that I like and not give up on. I do try to walk a lot because I enjoy it. Today I have taken over 10000 steps but unfortunately some days I just don't have anywhere to go or I have to study for exams. This is why I want to add some exercise into my life.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    If you are 5'7" and 151, you are already in a healthy weight range. Aiming for anything more than .5lb per week loss is too aggressive. Your age gives you an advantage of probably having a higher maintenance calories, barring any form of metabolic problems.

You would probably benefit more from recomposition and slow weight loss than aggressive calorie restriction.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    If it's working, stick with it.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Glad you are going to eat 1320 calories instead of 1200. You'll continue to lose weight, and it's a healthier rate at which to do so. You don't want to lose the muscle mass that is possible with very rapid weight loss.