Really slow weight loss despite cutting calories drastically

I am having a bit of trouble with my weight lrecently. I have been “dieting” for lack of a better term for about a month, yet I have only managed to lose 7.2 lbs. my goal is the lose 132lbs, and I have starting paying really close attention to what I consume. For the past month, I have been eating about 800-900 calories a day. But the weight loss has been so slow. On days when I go over 900 calories, I end up gaining .5lbs or more. I can try to cut more calories but I am already starting to get dizzy between lunch and dinner. I don’t have time to work out more than one time per week, as I have an extremely demanding job. As it is, I am free about 10 hours a day and I reserve that for sleepy by and commuting. I know adding in more exercise would help as well but again, I am getting quite dizzy when I work out. I drink approximately 90oz of water a day and I don’t drink anyone other than water. I’m just feeling stuck. I have a lot of food allergies too so the things I can eat are limited. No nuts and I have a sensitivity to vitamin c. Any advise would be appreciated

Replies

• DaintyWhisper
    DaintyWhisper Posts: 221 Member
    edited April 2018
    Losing 7 pounds in a month isn't an "only". It shows you're being more self aware and paying attention to what you're eating. I would suggest that you reevaluate how you're calculating and inputting your calories. Ideally, you should weigh almost everything you eat for the most accurate results. Track and log everything. You're probably eating more than the 900 calories you're logging.

Missed the part about being dizzy between meals. Take it slow and make sure you're eating enough throughout the day~
  • Ohiogirlatheart
    Ohiogirlatheart Posts: 15 Member
    I'm not a medical person but could there be a medical issue? I'd get a routine physical and start there. 900 calories a day is super restrictive. I've been losing about 6 pounds a month eating 1500-1800 calories a day, going to the gym 5 days a week and walking about 45-60 minutes a day. I'm about 32 pounds from my goal weight and figure it will take the rest of this year.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2018
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    kls1986520 wrote: »
    I am having a bit of trouble with my weight lrecently. I have been “dieting” for lack of a better term for about a month, yet I have only managed to lose 7.2 lbs. my goal is the lose 132lbs, and I have starting paying really close attention to what I consume. For the past month, I have been eating about 800-900 calories a day. But the weight loss has been so slow. On days when I go over 900 calories, I end up gaining .5lbs or more. I can try to cut more calories but I am already starting to get dizzy between lunch and dinner. I don’t have time to work out more than one time per week, as I have an extremely demanding job. As it is, I am free about 10 hours a day and I reserve that for sleepy by and commuting. I know adding in more exercise would help as well but again, I am getting quite dizzy when I work out. I drink approximately 90oz of water a day and I don’t drink anyone other than water. I’m just feeling stuck. I have a lot of food allergies too so the things I can eat are limited. No nuts and I have a sensitivity to vitamin c. Any advise would be appreciated

OP you need to re-evaluate your calorie goals as you are eating way below where you should be for losing weight.

You are suffering side effects from not eating enough and if you continue to eat like this your side effects will get worse not better. Prolonged under eating could develop longer term health problems.

MFP has a default minimum of 1200 calories for women. If your stats do put you at this min you you should eat the 1200 calorie minimum plus the exercise calories you burn when you exercise.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10569458/why-eating-too-little-calories-is-a-bad-idea/p1

1200 wont be near enough for someone with 132 pounds to lose

I said IF. It was more to show generalization that it be 'MFP calorie goal' when stats are entered and she should be eating back exercise calories.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

OP you need to re-evaluate your calorie goals as you are eating way below where you should be for losing weight.

You are suffering side effects from not eating enough and if you continue to eat like this your side effects will get worse not better. Prolonged under eating could develop longer term health problems.

MFP has a default minimum of 1200 calories for women. If your stats do put you at this min you you should eat the 1200 calorie minimum plus the exercise calories you burn when you exercise.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10569458/why-eating-too-little-calories-is-a-bad-idea/p1

1200 wont be near enough for someone with 132 pounds to lose

I said IF. It was more to show generalization that it should 'MFP calorie goal' when stats entered and should be eating exercise calories.

I know you know, Just making sure the OP hears it. So many people fall for the 1200 thing (myself included lol)
  • kls1986520
    kls1986520 Posts: 9 Member
    I drink 90 oz because I live in the desert and that was recommended by my doctor. I wish I could drink less lol
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    I am not really sure how to eat more calories without feeling sick or eating garbage. I weigh 90% of what I eat, but I get full after every meal, to the point where it’s uncomfortable. I’m not sure where to supplement more calories. An average day for me is as follows:

Breakfast: 5/6 cup full fat greek yogurt/blueberry mix and 1/6 cup organic granola

Lunch: 1/2 chicken breast and 1/2 cup of veggies or 2 cups salad with lean meat

Dinner: 4oz lean steak or half chicken breast and 1/2 cup veggies

After I eat these meals I feel full. Sometimes stuffed. When I started dieting I would get hunger pangs/grumbly stomach between meals, but I don’t get that feeling anymore. My app recommends 1200 calories a day, but that’s almost like wasting another full meal without being hungry. I am trying not to eat when I am not hungry, but I don’t know how to add more calories without doing that or eating food that is “bad for you”. I have been extremely overweight my entire life and have never had a good relationship with food. I don’t know much about nutrition or weight loss other than eat less calories than your body uses

Go back and read the responses to your OP again, and think about what people are telling you.