Personal question for the ladies on the board

Options
2»

Replies

• NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I log. It is discouraging at first but then you see the trend line with that little blip and the next month you aren't as upset because you know it's normal. Also logging will let you try all the tricks people suggest like lowering sodium etc and you can see if it really does have an effect for you over time.
  • laurynwhite
    Options
    I recommend only weighing in once a week, since your weight will fluctuate from day to day regardless of your cycle. Logging weight once a week is easier and will make you feel better about how you're doing overall.
  • HealthyAlp
    Options
    It is perfectly natural for your weight to fluctuate during your time of menstruation. If you see a pattern like this and it is regular for you, it is probably not worth logging.
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'd log what the scale says. You'll be able to recognize weight/menstrual patters over time.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    If it stays on for three days, on the third day I post it. I feel the ups and downs are part of the journey. I don't overly congratulate myself when I re-lose them though.

This is how I weigh myself too. I only record a weight if I can maintain it for three days. If I go back up, it almost always comes back down within a day or two. I also only record the weight going down if it can stay like that for three days.

I don't cycle very often though. I take my pills in such a way that I only have a few periods a year.