HELP!!!!!

So it was my sisters birthday today and we went to an Italian restaurant...had mozzarella sticks, chicken aribiatta and LOTS of wine! Came to over 1200 CALORIES :( my intake today rounds to 2700....what am I going to do

Replies

• Sthsidirish
    Sthsidirish Posts: 22 Member
    You are very welcome!
  • geltner1
    geltner1 Posts: 85 Member
    If you log pretty strictly for a week or so and weigh in during that time, you'll see how much damage you did or none at all. We all need celebrations, right?
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,136 Member
    If you're in maintenance, don't fret it. Its one meal on one day. PFFT! Just revel in the fact that you worked hard to get to the point where you can have an extravagent meal and enjoy it without worrying about the consequences. Get back on track tomorrow and you'll never know it happened (other than the pics! ;))
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    You still have to live life and that includes indulgences for birthdays and other special meals either out or at home. The important part of the journey is learning how to enjoy life (and food is an important part of that) and realise it isn't a negative, or a slip up, or falling off the wagon. It is just part of life. I deal with celebrations/meals out/parties by restricting a little during the week, exercising that day when possible and balancing my choices. For instance if I want the burger and chips I probably wont eat all the roll and I wont have a starter. If I want pudding I will have salad instead of a carb for my main. Sometimes I just want everything and that is OK too. I accept it, enjoy it and move on remembering that one glorious enjoyed meal will not turn me into a beached whale. Only consistent over eating day in, day out will result in weight gain.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited May 2018
    It was one day/one meal. Log it and move on. If you want you can eat at slight deficit over the next few days and that will help counteract it. This is what maintenance is all about, there will be days we are over, when I go on holidays I am usually eating at 500 cals above my TDEE on most days during trips, but when I return and its back to normal logging any gain is gone within a few weeks.

The one offs in the grand scheme of things don't matter, its what we do MOST of the time that counts.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    I like the saying "It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Years that causes weight problems, it's what you eat between New Years and Christmas." While that may be specific to winter holiday season, I think it applies for other special occasions during the year also - birthdays, vacation, BBQs on Memorial Day, 4th and Labor Day, etc. 20 or even 30 days won't do you in if you make up for it in the other 335+ days.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    hop back on the horse

expect a day or so of water weight - because italian tends to be higher in sodium, plus the wine you drank - but you'll be fine
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Start over tomorrow. It's one day. When you listen to your body today and tomorrow, you'll probably be a little less hungry than usual. Don't feel obliged to eat your calories unless you're hungry. I wouldn't be surprised if you hit your week's goals.