greek yogurt

Options
What do you do with it?

Replies

• runner328
    runner328 Posts: 174
    Options
    lavender honey, blueberries , homemade organic granola & 1/2 a diced banana.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Im throwin it out! TOO bitter for me! YUK!
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    use it in place of sour cream. or anyway you would use normal yogourt.
  • love2run05
    Options
    I take Greek yogurt add lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic pounder and lots of dill. Then I smear it on salmon and bake on 400 degrees for 20 minutes :)
  • lisapickering
    Options
    Put it in a blender with some fruit!
  • tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    Options
    I get the Fage 0% with the little fruit thing on the side. I like strawberry best. I HATED greek yogurt at first but now I LOVE it. Really fills me up and tastes yummy!
  • patssarah
    patssarah Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Grab a spoon! But I get the flavored kind
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I've started mixing mine with sugar free cherry jello powder. It sounds weird, I know. I thought it sounded gross until I tried it - it's soooo good! 1 serving of the powder is only 10 cals, and I probably use less than that. It kind of just tastes like dessert-y creamy jello.
  • jillwaller
    Options
    Chobani has really yummy ones with fruit in them so it's not so bitter. :) I like strawberry the most.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    bump..be4 I throw it out
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I like Chobani best. I eat the flavored ones by themselves. Otherwise I eat the vanilla with blackberries and granola (super high protein and fiber)
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Chobani has really yummy ones with fruit in them so it's not so bitter. :) I like strawberry the most.

You ain't kiddin. Chobani is the serious bomb-diggety stuff! Just picked up some strawberry for the first time tonight, my favorite so far has been the pineapple though.
  • astrosnider
    astrosnider Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I love The Greek Gods yogurt. I use it in place of sour cream on Mexican food, in place of mayonnaise in tartar sauce for fish and in place of whipped cream as a topping for fruit.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I like the flavored greek yogurt like peach and strawberry!
  • erinbug31
    Options
    Chobani Pineapple is AWESOME. and I love the idea of the sugar free jello powder. Im definitely trying that!
  • scottaolszewski
    Options
    I buy the plain yougurt, bought a strainer and make my own greek style yogurt. Comes out the same flavor and a lot less. I use the yogurt to make smoothies, with fruit, a teaspoon of peanut butter (smooth), protein powder (great protein boost), maybe a half of a banana, 2% milk (8oz) and blend. It is good with raspberry preserve or honey too.
    S
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Im throwin it out! TOO bitter for me! YUK!

Did you try the Yoplait one? That is bitter and pretty gross I agree!

To OP: What I do with my greek yogurt is eat it! I love chobani and Dannon Greek yogurt.. both are excellent choices.
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Chobani lemon is the best but it is really hard to find
  • sunshinel397
    Options
    Fage with the fruit on the side is the way to go! Other than that, when I make mac n cheese, I put greek yogurt in it to replace milk and butter. It tastes amazing!
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Make Tzatziki (the sauce that's on a gyro) by adding garlic, cucumber, a little salt, and some optional cayenne pepper. Then dip it with pita or pita chips. Yum!