Non food rewards for weight lost

Options
I've been working on coming up with a list of non-food related rewards for hitting weight loss goals. I've run out of ideas. I need some for small wins, and some for big wins. I'm not really one to get mani-pedis or such - so I'm having a bit of a struggle with this.

Anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks!

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    What do you have on your list so far? What do you like? What price range?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    One I am using right now is a Kudos folder, with thank you cards, certificates, and ribbons I have received in the last few months. As I tackle a difficult task, I take breaks along the way and open the Kudos folder.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Music, clothes, trips, movies have all been used.
  • DivineLotus
    DivineLotus Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    What are some “rewards” you’ve already used?
  • rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I like to be able to do something I couldn’t do before, so like this summer I’m going on a hike up a (pretty small) mountain. It’s less than an hour away, free, fun and I hear the view from the top is beautiful.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Do you feel that you need a reward? If so, what have you done to lose weight, so that the weightloss isn't enough reward?
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Depending on the budget.
    New lipstick, movie night, new jeans or a dress, a spa day, concert tickets, a trip somewhere
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,468 Member
    Options
    Clothes that fit.
  • gcconroy29
    gcconroy29 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My first big goal was a new garmin watch. I had been using a taped together jawbone tracker, which I dearly loved, but was obviously becoming obsolete. Bonus, the new watch tracked how many flights of stairs I do a day and now I make sure to hit the goal.

Also, maybe there's an activity you weren't comfortable doing at a higher weight and now can
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    New clothes, new shoes, new running shoes, make up, new hair dryer, new curling iron, new scentsy stuff, new sheets, new phone, new watch, new haircut, small ice cream in the freezer for when you need a sweat snack, date night with the hubby, overnight somewhere close but new
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Mani/Pedi. Clothes. Haircut/color/style. New shoes. More clothes that fit. ;).
    Adventures!--like things you may not have been able to do at heavier weights: ziplining, skydiving, indoor skydiving, scuba, skiing, paddleboarding, paddle boating, kayaking. Amusement parks!
    Fitness tools: a bike, swimming toys, whatever you are in to. Sometimes my rewards were entrance fees to 5Ks.

It really depends on your goals and your budget. I got some big ticket items for the biggest milestones, like a bike and the necessary items to go with it at 100 lb lost. 200 was a very active family vacation full of stuff I hadn't been able to do before. Now I tend to focus my efforts on things outside the scale, improving my times in tris or 5Ks and the reward is just living, but all those little treats along the way sure helped.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    My favorites are: new workout clothes, new make-up, new tennis shoes, night out alone - walk, movie, etc. (single with 3 kids this is rare).
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Registering for a run.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Buying clothing that is not a plus size, but it is a neccessity, not an indulgence.
    The reward for me is the weight loss, and seeing how ridiculous my old clothes look on me.
    Actually looking in the mirror instead of avoiding looking.