5/1 - 4 miles + strength training W12-A
    5/2 - 4 miles + …. TBD

exercise.png

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I MAY be guilty of some of these...

37 Mistakes Runners Can’t Stop Making
    https://www.runnersworld.com/injury-prevention/37-mistakes-runners-cant-stop-making

@PastorVincent Oh man, so many... 4, 5, 9, 13, 14, 15, 16, 26, 27 (I once ran out of water 2/3 of the way through a 3 hour 80F trail run... it was misery), 31. Do I win some kind of award? :D
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    I MAY be guilty of some of these...

37 Mistakes Runners Can’t Stop Making
    https://www.runnersworld.com/injury-prevention/37-mistakes-runners-cant-stop-making

@PastorVincent Oh man, so many... 4, 5, 9, 13, 14, 15, 16, 26, 27 (I once ran out of water 2/3 of the way through a 3 hour 80F trail run... it was misery), 31. Do I win some kind of award? :D

Gosh, I hope so!
  • greyparks206
    greyparks206 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Temperatures are starting to push 90 degrees in the afternoons here already. Yuck. I managed to squeeze in a quick (for me) 2 miles this morning before work. I probably won’t have time to run again until Saturday, but I plan to do other types of cardio the rest of the week as a substistute. I will be very ready to be back on a regular schedule next week:

April goal: 40.0 miles
    Today: 2.0 miles
    Total so far: 2.0 miles
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    7x400. I had programmed the Garmin and planned to do it on the bike path, but 5 minutes walking the dog at 7:30am in my tank top and shorts told me that it was too warm for comfort. So, treadmill it was. At some point I’m going to have to acclimate. But today is not that day.

May tally: 7m
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Sliedur wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »

I think this would make a great shirt and I want one :smiley: I like the picture. Taking up martial arts at 56 and running at 58 I think I must have some of that haha. I'm definitely not getting there quickly, but I AM getting there regardless of my 'normal' life interuptions.

Wow, the first day of the month and I actually got in about 1.8 miles, 3 miles total C25K week 6, Day 1. 40 minutes of advanced karate and two short brisk walks.

Going back to lurking the forum...

I'm planning to add some martial arts! I think all we have here is Brazilian jujitsu, which is fine- I don't know the difference in them.

What did you take?

And yes, @Orphia that design would make a nice shirt. @garygse 's design reminds me of a race car. One for conquring tranquil trails, one for passing everyone by :smiley:

@BruinsGal_91 Is that a humming bird? Great pic!
  • geethanjalibarman
    geethanjalibarman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    May Goal - 120km (75miles)
    2/5 - 5.22km (3.2miles)
    Total 5.22km (3.2miles)
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I'm loving and getting used to this Garmin 935; know I will probably never fully unlock it's full potential! One problem I've had though, I've tried & tried, but only 1 run has automatically synched to the Nike app. The others, I have either had to manually input or just start the app to run. I've "paired" it up I don't know how many times from the Nike app (just like I paired the Strava), it says it is paired, than nothing. Is there something else I'm missing?

May Goal: 20 Miles & stay on plan

5/1: 31 mins Yoga
    5/2: 2.03 miles - 2.03 miles done, 17.97 to go

Options
    no run today (yet)
    we'll see. trying to rest before the race on saturday

5/1-0mi
    5/2-0mi

exercise.png
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    Since my marathon is cancelled, I will be doing less running and more lifting, but I still plan to run 15 miles a week. although I am working 62 hours a week for the next month because my 2nd job thought it would be fun to try and work me to death or something like that, ugh so I will be happy if I can manage 10 miles a week

5/2-3miles

3/60 miles

upcoming races:
    Montana womens run-5 miles-5/13/18
    Montana Marathon-9/16/18
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I have not set my May goal yet because I have no clue. May is typically a low mileage month for me because after my marathon, I usually take some down time to catch up with life and May is such a busy month in that regard. I am going to be ambitious here with a goal of 90 miles, but only because I should have around 35 after week one.

Yesterday I did my final speed before Sunday's race, although it was an abridged version. I did the run with a pal from my training group, but I typically do the speed workouts alone. It was hot out and we agreed to take it easy. I thought that's what we were doing, but when we finished he told me I really pushed him, which caught me a little by surprise. With no real race goal in mind and being my first time training with a group, I have felt like I have been kind of slacking through this training cycle. Maybe I am better prepared than I thought. I hope so. Race forecast temperatures have been rising every day. I am very glad for the 6:30 start!

5/1-5 miles (3 @ tempo)

5/90
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'd be super down with a SISU shirt.

I hope I make it out today. There's a good chance soccer will be cancelled due to weather, which means no trail time. I am working from home so I could go out for a few road miles at lunch time, which is probably what I'll do. It's a bit drizzly and dreary here, but nothing to make it non-runnable out.

Any other glasses-wearers? I use my backup pair to run in (both RX glasses and sunglasses) but I'm thinking about getting a pair of sporty running glasses with transition lenses that I can use specifically for running. Either that, or finally getting eye surgery. Suggestions?