any almost vegetarians out there?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I've been a Pescatarian for nearly 20 years, it's pretty easy and I don't even eat that much fish, maybe twice a week. Salmon n tuna, or marinaded white fish of some sort.

Mostly i eat lentils, beans, pasta, cheese, other dairy, veggies. You can check out my diary (see recipes) if you like. I also had a bit of an education here when i started recording my foods, and found a bit of a protein deficiency, so have made a conscious effort to keep it up.

I'm not a hardcore animal rights gal, but I like to be able to look the cute little lambs in the eye in spring!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I eat a mostly whole-foods plant-based diet. That's how I like to think of it. I don't really care for the labels.

I'm not a vegan or vegetarian, for ethical reasons. If I do eat meat, it's usually seafood. And you can most definitely get all the nutrients you need from eating vegan or vegetarian.
  • tula23
    tula23 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Too funny! THAT is how I acquired my nick name, TULA, hence my screen name. Since I AM Greek, eating somewhat vegetarian is quite easy. But I wish I could say I was a true vegetarian though. My family are big carnivores. When I do eat meat, it is very little.

I try and eat whole foods, vegetables grilled with a good Greek olive oil, sauted or in salads. Rice and beans combined in a taco casserole make a protein packed dinner.

I eat high protein breakfast cereals - Kashi is a great one to meet protein goals. I use Tofu in lasagna.
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I love eating vegan. I have much less inflammation in my joints so my arthritis is held at bay. I get plenty of protein from vegetables and nuts. I've heard that protein from those sources is used more efficiently than meat protein, so you don't need as much protein. I eat between 25 and 40 grams a day and have plenty of energy.
  • disneydoc
    disneydoc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian, I do drink milk & eat Yoghurt, so... I guess I am a Lacto - Vegetarian. I am from India & a diabetic & the diabetes throws in a big Wrench in things. I am not into exercise too much except I do exercise 2 days a week for an hr. each.

I am trying & failing at the Low Carb Diet, I use up on an average about 180gms of Carbs in a day & I am supposed to limit it at 100gms/day. It seems like everything in the Grocery Store has plenty of Carbs. I use the Myoplex powder for the protein drink.

I am 164 lbs & I need to be below 150 to 155 lbs, any suggestions from a fellow vegetarian Indian diabetic ( Sounds like an exotic disease, doesnt it ) would be most welcome. I know it is easier to add another day of exercise in a week, but it is easier said than done in my case.

Good Luck to everyone in their personal quests for good health, with regards.