Starting Keto diet.

Options
Hi everyone! So I have just started on the Keto diet(like just today) and would like any tips that you may have! Thank you! :)

Replies

• davemcdowall409
    davemcdowall409 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been on Keto for a while now. My biggest tip is to make sure you get enough salts. I use electrolyte tablets from my protein and have recently started making green shakes in a nutri ninja, so spinach kale, potassium salt etc. also have fun and spoil yourself sometimes, I had 3 bunless 5 guy burgers one day and still lost 2 lb for the week,
  • babydueinjuly09
    babydueinjuly09 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been on it about a week. Doing ok but still on the learning curve as to the carb content of foods. Been caught out a few times (soy sauce for instance). I'm taking it slow and learning as i go along. Going to try cloud bread recipe this week
  • brackjack
    brackjack Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Buy a set of food scales so you can weight your food. Don't buy any cookbooks online; Pinterest is loaded with recipes. Drink lots of water.
  • erikaruiz759
    erikaruiz759 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @davemcdowall409 Thank you so much! I will definitely start doing that as well. And that’s so awesome! I’m happy to be trying this diet since I will still be able to enjoy a lot of good food :)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Try the Keto and Low Carber Daily MFP groups. There is lots of information and support in there.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto
  • jla0610
    jla0610 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo - thanks for posting these groups! I just joined both...doing low carb for about 3 weeks and am so happy. :)
  • erikaruiz759
    erikaruiz759 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @jla0610 I joined too!! Are you seeing results so far?
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I am starting Keto tomorrow! I have a basic food plan but would love any ideas or if you have a weekly meal plan you could share. I'd appreciate it.