Lets throw away the scales!!! Take pictures instead. =0)

Options
jkleman79
jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
I wanted to post these pictures for everyone on here to see. I want to prove a point that the scale is your enemy!! One picture is my actual start date of MFP and my working out routine. The next is the most recent picture I have of myself as of the end of July. So from Feb 1st 2011 until July 31st 2011 I have lost a whopping total of 15 pounds.. hmm yea not very much. WHO CARES! If you care how you look, how you feel that your clothes fit better and you get compliments left and right are you gonna let some piece of old school technology talk smack to ya and put you down. You NEEED to take pictures of yourself instead. I do at least once a week so you can see the changes that are happening. You don't have to post them keep them hidden away somewhere for your own reward.

Have a great night everyone! Cheers!

startday.jpg

day4.jpg

Replies

• ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm that's a sexy man right there :-D
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Great pic, it looks like more than a 15lb loss!! Yes, the scale does lie, but I'm still somewhat of an addict...i'm working on it.
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Looking good! And yes the scale does lie :-P
  • TxAngel79
    TxAngel79 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    That truly looks more then 15 pounds! You look good!!!
  • chynafox
    chynafox Posts: 30
    Options
    You look like you've traded some of that fat in for muscle! I've only lost 16 pounds since January and I know FOR SURE that I've lost more fat and added a nice bit of muscle. It's probably the same for you!

I agree, sexy man; keep up the good work! :)
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Scale lies....lol I only lost 20 lbs since Jan 1st, but I have gone down 2 sizes 20-16. In some cuts I can wear a size 14. Thank goodness I kept all my old clothes.
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Good point, good point. You look GREAT!
  • laureneva15
    Options
    The scale is my enemy. I am avoiding it unless its biggest loser weigh in day. and only going to do measurements on the first Thursday of each month.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is awesome and I agree with you. I have recently been battling a plateau and one day I just told myself, to hell with the scale because I hadn't taken the time to really 'look' at myself and when I did I was done weighing...I now measure and will start taking progress pics...thanks so much, btw you freaking rock!!
  • RedNeckGal1970
    Options
    Hell yeah You Rock!!! You've done awesome!!! Looks like way more than 15 pounds, and it looks freakin' great!!! Nuff Said!
  • tialeanne
    tialeanne Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Great job! Hawt!
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    In case anyone is interested.... The only thing I have done is change my eating and join a gym that has cross fit. Its really a worth while way to get in the BEST shape of your life. Its for everyone but used for military, police and fire departments for training. They are franchised in many places check them out. It is fun, and different every time so no more boring workouts.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Wow! I agree, it looks like more. Good for you! :)
  • ski0721
    ski0721 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Looking Good!
  • froggy77064
    froggy77064 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! on the achievements. 2 thumbs up. looks like you've put on some lean muscle in place of the fat.

i've managed to lose just under 30 lbs .my gut hasn't gone down much but,i do have a problem keeping my jeans up now(a problem i can happily deal with) and can see a difference in my face.will be starting some weight training next week,so hopefully it will be goodbye gut and hello muscle.
  • cgsr
    cgsr Posts: 113
    Options
    Wow...I think I'll throw away my scale now. Congrats on your AMAZING progress!!
  • sarahemily72
    Options
    That is just what I needed to hear and see today....my scale isn't moving but I feel so much stronger so thanks! And yes, I have pix but not posting those until my results are super outstanding~!!!!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    AMEN, brother. My biggest regret is not taking some "before" photos when I started this thing so I have something to compare it to -- It's hard to see it in your mirror.

CONGRATULATIONS! I've thought about CrossFit, and there's one nearby. It was just a little more expensive than I could afford right now, but I do think it's fantastic!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!