Getting the correct amount of nutrition

Options
Hi does anyone have any tips on how to balance out our nutrition goals each day. Mine are always far too much for protein and not enough carbs and fat/sugar I find it really difficult

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Most people consider protein and fat goals as minimums and carb goal as maximum, and if anything, find getting enough protein difficult. What are your targets, and why, and do you have any food aversions or dietary restrictions?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi does anyone have any tips on how to balance out our nutrition goals each day. Mine are always far too much for protein and not enough carbs and fat/sugar I find it really difficult

try pre-logging your day?

what are your macros set to?
  • paulaharris874
    paulaharris874 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My carbs are at 50% fat at 30% and protein at 20%. I have no diet restrictions and I’m trying to lose weight
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    My carbs are at 50% fat at 30% and protein at 20%. I have no diet restrictions and I’m trying to lose weight

generally fat and protein and minimums, and as long as you don't have any issues with energy, if you lean towards lower carb foods then you should be ok.

weight loss is about your deficit, not your macros
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    To lose weight it's all about calories. Unless you have some medical reason, being over a bit on protein and fats and under on carbs isn't a problem. You do need fats, so work on that for the time being. Fats and Protein are minimum goals to hit, carbs can fall where they may.

It takes time to learn how to put the puzzle together. I actually have to try to not go over my protein - but it used to be that I ate too many carbs. It's a balancing act. Keep logging and study your FOOD page.
  • paulaharris874
    paulaharris874 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you Tavistock toad