Abbs but pot belly?

Hi, I have good definition & have a muscular/athletic build, (female 5'7" 58 KG) but I have a pot belly which is solid definitely not fat! I'm assuming I have perhaps over worked the wrong muscles. I mainly use the Kettle Bells, planking, rowing, and pushups but I don't do situps or anything similar as I've heard they are not good for your abbs. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• MishMashMisha
    MishMashMisha Posts: 39 Member
    You have visible abs and a pot belly?? Maybe it's a posture issue. Do you have a picture?
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    You have visible abs and a pot belly?? Maybe it's a posture issue. Do you have a picture?

I was going to suggest this, or perhaps even a spine curve issue - I know my lower back curve is more acute than "normal" which pushes my belly out more than it would on most people. Annoying, but nothing to do about it, it's genetic in my family. Doesn't cause problems, but always makes me look like I have more of a belly than I do.

Consciously standing/sitting up straight and "flexing" my abs helps, and the more you do it, the more natural it will become.