Struggle to loose belly fat

Options
So I’ve lost around 4 stone and I’m tiny everywhere I’m a size 8 uk which is one of the smallest sizes but for some reason I have a gigantic stomach like I have a tiny waste then just a big pop out belly no matter what I do it doesn’t go down like after 4 stone loss it deffo should of changed abit. I have no idea what’s wrong and I’m really embarrassed by it. It also expands one size whenever I eat I honestly look months pregnant and I don’t know what to do about it. I don’t exercise much will this help? Any advice would be greatly appreciated thankyou.

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @RoxieDawn it isn’t loose skin because when I touch my stomach it’s hard so I think it’s just filled with fat and I can’t seem to get rid of it. Do you think if I go on a treadmill 5 days a week for 1 hour it will help

If you are saying that you have excess fat still on your stomach then the links/advice is what I would consider. Your calorie intake will be the driver on your fat loss, so eat at a very small deficit of appox 250. Unless you conducted muscle sparing during your 4 stone loss you have lost muscle. So you are under muscled while retaining a higher body fat, so you would be wise to add in strength training. A little cardio is fine as well.
  • clorebecca99
    clorebecca99 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @collectingblues I usually wear my size 8 or a size bigger size 10 to try and hide my stomach more. It doesn’t look as bad as the front it’s when I turn to the side and you can see it sticking out and looking huge. I’m 5,4 and currently weight 9st 11 so 137lbs I only have abit of weight left to loose everywhere else.
  • clorebecca99
    Options
    @thiswillhappen I have never drank alcohol and I’m eating as healthy as I can the only thing is I need to exercise more but other than that I have no idea why it isn’t going down lol I just have 2 twig legs then a 6 month pregnant looking stomach lmao
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @collectingblues I usually wear my size 8 or a size bigger size 10 to try and hide my stomach more. It doesn’t look as bad as the front it’s when I turn to the side and you can see it sticking out and looking huge. I’m 5,4 and currently weight 9st 11 so 137lbs I only have abit of weight left to loose everywhere else.

Good. I understand -- I'm the same way (classic apple), with my arms and legs being tiny, but my waist is where it all goes bad. I was just concerned that you were seeing things that weren't there/were underweight, etc.

Time to recomp, then? I've been told that strength training doesn't spot reduce, because you can't do that, but it could help start to even things out a little more.
  • clorebecca99
    Options
    @collectingblues I think I’m going to go to the gym on Monday and ask for their advice I’ve found a gym and it says they give free meal plan and exercise routine so I’ll give it a go :)
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    @thiswillhappen I have never drank alcohol and I’m eating as healthy as I can the only thing is I need to exercise more but other than that I have no idea why it isn’t going down lol I just have 2 twig legs then a 6 month pregnant looking stomach lmao

have you been checked by a gynocologist to rule out fibroid,or other health issues that can make your stomach bigger than it should be? if you are bloating severely and its followed by pain and other issues then you definitely need to see a dr. but sometimes it takes a LONG time to get rid of belly fat. Ive been on my journey 5 years now and the last little bit of belly fat is just now coming off.I work out too. so it takes time. exercise has nothing to do with fat loss . that happens in a deficit. But take roxiedawns advice. weight training will help change how your body looks.

I was going to suggest the same. If it's hard, that suggests more going on than fat. Either bloating or perhaps a fibroid/cyst. Wouldn't hurt to get checked out.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

have you been checked by a gynocologist to rule out fibroid,or other health issues that can make your stomach bigger than it should be? if you are bloating severely and its followed by pain and other issues then you definitely need to see a dr. but sometimes it takes a LONG time to get rid of belly fat. Ive been on my journey 5 years now and the last little bit of belly fat is just now coming off.I work out too. so it takes time. exercise has nothing to do with fat loss . that happens in a deficit. But take roxiedawns advice. weight training will help change how your body looks.

I was going to suggest the same. If it's hard, that suggests more going on than fat. Either bloating or perhaps a fibroid/cyst. Wouldn't hurt to get checked out.

yeah my sons gf has something going on with her they just cant find out what. and her belly keeps getting bigger and she isnt pregnant. yet they did blood work and ultrasounds and other exams and they cant figure out what the issue is and for her her periods are every 45 days or longer. shes not a big girl either shes very petite and she looks 9 months pregnant as well. I have a uterine fibroid and it can cause issues from time to time. sometimes it sucks being a woman lol