Struggle to loose belly fat

Options
2»

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if its fat and not loose skin, you have more weight to lose and need to stay in a deficit.

crunches and running wont help (shaking head at the woo of that BS)

if its loose skin, time may help, genetics and youth will help more, but it may be the way things are, unless you opt for surgery down the road. Give it a year or two to bounce back and see how it looks.

strength training will help build muscle and 'tone', but again, if its fat, wont do anything other than build muscle or 'tone' under fat.
  • Semele0
    Semele0 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I think it may be a mix of many things that have already been suggested. Maybe you still have a little fat to lose and is all in your stomach + maybe a little of bloating + posture problems (I don't store fat in my stomach only, but it is often accentuated by my posture, so that is a problem!) + maybe you have little or no muscle, and that influence the general look of your stomach.
    I agree with those who suggest strenght training (you could do it either if you decide to still lose something, or if you mantein and recomp), and especially focusing on your core and abs. Strenght training may help you to lose fat in general (you cannot choose where you lose your fat, but since you only have it in your belly it will come off of there eventually), but if you focus on the core your belly will look better because it will be more toned up. Check you posture, and if it is really a posture problem strenghtening your core it will help much with that too (but be aware that some abs exercise are not good for that situation).
    Finally, if there is some bloating, be aware when it is more prominent, and see if you can link it to something you ate or drank.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    @thiswillhappen I have never drank alcohol and I’m eating as healthy as I can the only thing is I need to exercise more but other than that I have no idea why it isn’t going down lol I just have 2 twig legs then a 6 month pregnant looking stomach lmao

Have you been to a GYN recently? I literally do have a 5 month-sized uterus due to uterine fibroids.

Because we do get posters here with body dysmorphia, I'd like to see a picture of your belly.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    @thiswillhappen I have never drank alcohol and I’m eating as healthy as I can the only thing is I need to exercise more but other than that I have no idea why it isn’t going down lol I just have 2 twig legs then a 6 month pregnant looking stomach lmao

Have you been to a GYN recently? I literally do have a 5 month-sized uterus due to uterine fibroids.

Because we do get posters here with body dysmorphia, I'd like to see a picture of your belly.

I suggested the gyno and that it could be fibroids
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    And while it might not technically be dysmorphia, it's common to think that a woman with a healthy weight should have a tummy that looks like a swimsuit or fitness model. Many women naturally have a bit of a lower belly in profile, even when relatively thin. My belly is nice and flat and photogenic when I'm lying down or sucking it in, but when I stand relaxed, it ploops out a bit :lol

OP, schedule a gyn appointment just to be sure. In the meantime, focus on doing some resistance training and think about your posture. And understand it is perfectly normal for your stomach to look a bit larger after eating and later in the day.