What’s been something you have been struggling with on your weight loss journey?

Options
Hopefully by posting on here we can help each other out and give some advice :)

Replies

• emilyvictoria7
    emilyvictoria7 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My top two are definitely social eating and mental wellbeing. I was doing really well with my diet and nutrition for a year, lost 62lbs, then got slammed with a wicked bought of depression. Four weeks of eating everything (and I mean everything), no exercise, smoking again, yikes! When the weather perked up and I went back to therapy the motivation started to come back.

Social eating is tough, but more manageable if I can get a confirmed location for food ahead of time. I can check out a menu online and guestimate calories if it doesn't have info available. Then I can adapt my day around it meal and exercise wise. Drinking hasn't been that big of a struggle for me - I just make myself the sober one now and DD! Except for special occasions :wink:
  • casillasdiana51
    casillasdiana51 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Social drinking. I love getting chatty with my friends over a few glasses of wine. I am good with logging my wine with dinner. I have my glass, sometimes two, and that's the end of it. And its not very often. Doesn't put me over my goals. But summer is coming up, which is my typical social time. I know I can still drink my wine but I'll have to adjust calories and adjust the amount of wine I'm drinking. Have to figure out the summer time balance and allow for drinks a couple of nights per week. Other than that I haven't struggled with food or motivation yet!

It’s nice to be able to indulge on certain things like wine. You’ve worked so hard to be where you at and I believe self discipline on what you eat throughout the week can help with having a little extra calorie room for those WINE not days lol
  • casillasdiana51
    Options
    Melionfire wrote: »
    For me it is social eating for sure. I am very disciplined at home but put me at a party or potluck and I have almost no control. However I have learned to do things to help me navigate these occasions. I will eat less during the day to have room to splurge and I only grab a bit of the things I really want and most of all I try to sit away from the food so I actually have to make an effort to walk to the food. Some days I am very strong but others I give in and eat all the foods but I learned to move on and to get back to normal the next day and I am now 78 pounds down in total. It is consistency that is the key.
    Melionfire wrote: »
    For me it is social eating for sure. I am very disciplined at home but put me at a party or potluck and I have almost no control. However I have learned to do things to help me navigate these occasions. I will eat less during the day to have room to splurge and I only grab a bit of the things I really want and most of all I try to sit away from the food so I actually have to make an effort to walk to the food. Some days I am very strong but others I give in and eat all the foods but I learned to move on and to get back to normal the next day and I am now 78 pounds down in total. It is consistency that is the key.

Most definitely I’ve been there and still have those days! It truly is helpful when you stick to what you eat the rest of the day and just maybe portion out what you might eat on those delicious potluck days lol I’m happy you’ve lost so much weight!
  • casillasdiana51
    Options
    amyteacake wrote: »
    For me it's definitely my diet. Exercise is great, it's easy, there's millions and millions of workouts online to find but diet is a bit trickier. I sometimes feel clueless about how many calories in a day I'm suppose to be eating, it's then figuring out what I should eat. And social eating is the worst sometimes. I always find myself looking up the menus of the place that I'm going to beforehand just to see what there is there, what looks good. And I have a sweet tooth which makes me drool at the dessert menu

That is how I exactly started. I always have myself the excuse that workout is just fine and that it was better than nothing. Overall I was just giving myself and excuse to not eat right. In the end, what worked out for me was the idea that you have to have a clear goal and take it day by day even though you make mistakes. Just remember it’s 70% of what you eat and 30% exercise! :)
  • casillasdiana51
    Options
    sld121416 wrote: »
    My heads my biggest battle. When I have higher anxiety/depression days and I either eat everything or nothing. Makes it hard to be consistent which make progress even slower.
    That itself is a battle of its own, but this only goes to prove that your a strong individual whom is working towards this weight loss journey! Keep it up.
  • Duke869
    Duke869 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine is when im out and about working.
    I need to organise my life and food. Getting there. Slowly.