Tdee weight lifting but minimal cardio

Options
So i lift around 45minutes to 1 hour 30 min for 5 days a week sometimes 6 days. However i do very little cardio and only on some days because of my fear of cramps, apparently frequent cramp is genetical according to my doctor. So for the tdee should I choose light moderate or active? And i am trying to cut right now.

Appreciate the help and support

Replies

• rose2_0
    rose2_0 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Depends on your activity outside of lifting. I get about 10-12k steps per day and lift 5 days per week. I've been set at lightly active for years without cardio and it works for me.
  • SugarAndSugar
    SugarAndSugar Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    rose2_0 wrote: »
    Depends on your activity outside of lifting. I get about 10-12k steps per day and lift 5 days per week. I've been set at lightly active for years without cardio and it works for me.

I dont track steps so umm hahah??
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    It could be either. You need to track your intake for a while and keep an eye on your weight. Is it going down? Going down too fast? Not moving at all? Going up? It is trial and error.
  • rose2_0
    rose2_0 Posts: 150 Member
    Options

What kind of job do you have? What is your lifestyle like? Do you live in a city and walk a lot or do you drive everywhere? Chase kids around? Etc.

• SugarAndSugar
    Options

What kind of job do you have? What is your lifestyle like? Do you live in a city and walk a lot or do you drive everywhere? Chase kids around? Etc.

Just a desk job basically
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,755 Member
    Options
    Well, you're supposed to account for exercise separately and for general activity separately.

Of course nothing stops you from lumping it all into activity. In reality that's exactly what I (and everybody else who uses a Tracker) do implicitly.

Your lifting will give you an elevated burn but so would an hour's walk, and possibly the latter would even give you a higher burn.

You're not sedentary. But you're not justifying anything beyond lightly active.

The proof is in the pudding. You get to adjust based on your trending weight results over a 4 to 6 week period.

Assuming you set reasonable goals and assuming you log carefully and faithfully... your results over time will provide all the feedback you will need.
  • SugarAndSugar
    Options
    Bump
  • L1zardQueen
    edited May 2018
    Options
    ?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    So all you want us to know is that you lift 5 times a week and you have a desk job. Okay, so pick lightly active and see what happens. No one here can give you a definitive answer. Even if you had answered all the questions you've been asked, activity levels are an estimate. You need to pick one that sounds realistic and go from there.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I don't get it.. what kind of dang answers you looking for?

I surely won't fall for it again.

I think OP is hoping someone will come along and tell them to set their level to active...of course then in a month we would have a bunch of “stalled loss” or “what am I gaining” questions instead
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I don't get it.. what kind of dang answers you looking for?

I surely won't fall for it again.

I think OP is hoping someone will come along and tell them to set their level to active...of course then in a month we would have a bunch of “stalled loss” or “what am I gaining” questions instead

Spoon feed the answers.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    It could be either. You need to track your intake for a while and keep an eye on your weight. Is it going down? Going down too fast? Not moving at all? Going up? It is trial and error.

Do this. See what happens. Adjust as necessary.